4 Classifications

Redrage4life

20 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

Dyer County will be AAA if they are smart. Dodge Riverdale, Arlington, Memphis Central, Houston. With Dyersburg they have a good boys program too. Westview might have jumped if it not for their boys. Think Dyersburg would be top dog in district with Obion,  South Gibson, Dyer County and Crockett County.

Dyer County is just where McCord wants them. He's campaigned for four classes all along. I was hoping Dyersburg would be AAA if, for no other reason, Trojans and Choctaws would have to play each other. Great rivalry that's been missing. Kids want it, adults just need to behave.

8 minutes ago, NWhoopaholic said:

Dyer County is just where McCord wants them. He's campaigned for four classes all along. I was hoping Dyersburg would be AAA if, for no other reason, Trojans and Choctaws would have to play each other. Great rivalry that's been missing. Kids want it, adults just need to behave.

Will be interesting to see where they end up. I bet Dyersburg will jump to AAA if indeed they are AA. When Gibson County dropped to Single A and lost all of their games with Westview, Obion, Dyersburg and Milan I didn’t like it. 

15 hours ago, pioneer42 said:

Dyer County will be AAA if they are smart. Dodge Riverdale, Arlington, Memphis Central, Houston. With Dyersburg they have a good boys program too. Westview might have jumped if it not for their boys. Think Dyersburg would be top dog in district with Obion,  South Gibson, Dyer County and Crockett County.

Agree that Dyer County will not jump to AAAA. Been looking for a while not to have to play schools sometime more than double their size. The Dyersburg decision will be interesting. 

This is my projection for 2A. I'm not for sure where exactly some of the schools are located. Feel free to make corrections.

DISTRICT 1 DISTRICT 2 DISTRICT 3 DISTRICT 4 DISTRICT 5 DISTRICT 6 DISTRICT 7 DISTRICT 8
Hampton Chuckey Doak Gat. Pittman Oneida Sweetwater Sequatichie Co Jackson Co E. Robertson
West Greene Cumberlad Gap Pigeon Forge Wartburg Tellico Plains Brainerd Smith Co Cheatham Co
South Greene Happy Valley Kingston York Loudon Grundy Co. Watertown Harpeth
Johnson Co. Union Co. Alcoa Monterey McMinn Central Tyner Cannon Co Westmoreland
    LN STEM   Polk Co. Marion Co.    
        Meigs Co. Chatt. A&S    
          Bledsoe Co.    

DISTRICT 9 DISTRICT 10 DISTRICT 11 DISTRICT 12 DISTRICT 13 DISTRICT 14 DISTRICT 15 DISTRICT 16
Republic Stewart Co. Cascade Huntingdon Adamsville Douglass Hillcrest Mitchell
LEAD East Hickman Forrest Milan DC Riverside KIPP Memphis Freedom Prep Memphis East
KIPP Nash Hickman Co, Community Union City Scotts Hill Manassas Fairley MLK Memphis
East Nashville Waverly Mt. Pleasant Gibson Co. Bolivar MAHS Oakhaven Sheffield
Whites Creek Camden Summertown Westview Haywood Mem Bus Ac Power Center Trezevant
Pearl Cohn Lewis Co.     Madison Mag. RISE Crosstown  
Stratford              
Edited by StudCantrell

36 minutes ago, StudCantrell said:

This is my projection for Class 2A based on my calculations. I'm not for sure where exactly some schools are located. If anyone has corrections that need to be made, feel free to do so. 

DISTRICT 1 DISTRICT 2 DISTRICT 3 DISTRICT 4 DISTRICT 5 DISTRICT 6 DISTRICT 7 DISTRICT 8
Hampton Chuckey Doak Gat. Pittman Oneida Sweetwater Sequatichie Co Jackson Co E. Robertson
West Greene Cumberlad Gap Pigeon Forge Wartburg Tellico Plains Brainerd Smith Co Cheatham Co
South Greene Happy Valley Kingston York Loudon Grundy Co. Watertown Harpeth
Johnson Co. Union Co. Alcoa Monterey McMinn Central Tyner Cannon Co Westmoreland
    LN STEM   Polk Co. Marion Co.    
        Meigs Co. Chatt. A&S    
          Bledsoe Co.    

DISTRICT 9 DISTRICT 10 DISTRICT 11 DISTRICT 12 DISTRICT 13 DISTRICT 14 DISTRICT 15 DISTRICT 16
Republic Stewart Co. Cascade Huntingdon Adamsville Douglass Hillcrest Mitchell
LEAD East Hickman Forrest Milan DC Riverside KIPP Memphis Freedom Prep Memphis East
KIPP Nash Hickman Co, Community Union City Scotts Hill Manassas Fairley MLK Memphis
East Nashville Waverly Mt. Pleasant Gibson Co. Bolivar MAHS Oakhaven Sheffield
Whites Creek Camden Summertown Westview Haywood Mem Bus Ac Power Center Trezevant
Pearl Cohn Lewis Co.     Madison Mag. RISE Crosstown  
Stratford              

First of all Gibson County, Westview, Union City will be 13 AA. Something is not right. We have less schools and Memphis has and an extra District. Last year you had what 112 schools and Memphis was District 15 and 16. Now you have 83 or 84 schools and Memphis has District 14, 15 and 16.  This right here won’t fly, IMO. And another thing all these four team districts are a joke. Some things are better left alone. 

Edited by pioneer42

I agree with you. This is one of the downfalls of the four class system. The state gets spread out more. 112 teams in a three class but 83 in a four class system.  If you just put Memphis in two districts, you will spread class 2A out even more and four team districts will probably happen because of this. I don’t like it either but I think TSSAA will spread it out as evenly as possible. I hope it works out for everyone. 

49 minutes ago, StudCantrell said:

I agree with you. This is one of the downfalls of the four class system. The state gets spread out more. 112 teams in a three class but 83 in a four class system.  If you just put Memphis in two districts, you will spread class 2A out even more and four team districts will probably happen because of this. I don’t like it either but I think TSSAA will spread it out as evenly as possible. I hope it works out for everyone. 

Gibson County and Westview draw big money at Regions. You getting in there pocketbook big time and TSSAA shipping them into Middle TN for Region. That would not be a good business decision.

3 minutes ago, TennesseeValley said:

What about the six class system with football? It's a joke....The four class system has needed to be in place for a long time in my opinion, 

There are eight regions in each class for football, therefore more teams in each region. Yes, there are some spread out regions in football and it’s ridiculous. Whereas, there are 16 districts in each class In basketball, baseball, and softball. When dividing that out as evenly as possible, you’re going to spread the state out to be balanced. I’m just speculating what the TSSAA might do. I’m not a big fan of the TSSAA but this will be the toughest alignment job they’ve ever had. I know my projection is probably wrong, I am just taking a guess on what the TSSAA might do. Like I said, I hope it works out for everyone.

2 hours ago, losangeleslakers said:

Chuckey-Doak is in the same county as West Greene and South Greene. Happy Valley is in the same county as Hampton. I’d say Johnson County, Hampton, Happy Valley will be together. Not sure if the Greene County schools will be in district 1 or 2. If one of them gets sent to 2 it would be West Greene.

You are right, I think all the Greene Co schools: Chuckey-Doak, South Greene and West Greene (except North Greene will be A) will be together with Happy Valley and Johnson County. Hampton is right on the edge and if they are AA, they would be in that group. 

Districts should average out to slightly over 5 (329/4 = 82.25 per class and 82/16 districts is 5.125 teams per district) or 10 teams per Region.