Rumor is Metro is ready to pull the plug

District12AA

On 9/4/2020 at 11:18 AM, FIREBIRD80 said:

I feel like metro will start on September 25 no later than October 2. I have no inside info just a feeling I have. With coaches drawing up a plan and the parents/media applying pressure, it'll happen for metro kids.

I've followed your posts for a number of years, and always found them solid in terms of both football insight and an understanding of "this is how things are" factor. Do you see any enhanced risk because the metro teams haven't hit anybody "in anger" in almost a year, and unless they play another metro team, they'll be playing teams that are literally in mid-season form?

4 hours ago, KWoodroof said:

I've followed your posts for a number of years, and always found them solid in terms of both football insight and an understanding of "this is how things are" factor. Do you see any enhanced risk because the metro teams haven't hit anybody "in anger" in almost a year, and unless they play another metro team, they'll be playing teams that are literally in mid-season form?

I can't speak for everyone else, but I know PC is ready to play right now. Our kids been working extra hard for months, including our coaches. Plus for us if metro does have a season our first game will probably be against another metro team. I appreciate it, I only try to speak on situations that I know of.

Edited by FIREBIRD80

metro should make a decision for the kids. as much as it will hurt to not play I think they deserve an answer. these kids have been practicing to play since early july. delaying the start of school until october 12 instead of day after labor day pretty much says it all. metro's answer to difficult decisions is to do nothing until it is to late. 

7 hours ago, Sidelinehustler said:

It’s unconscionable what Metro has put the players and coaches through. If they have no intentions of letting them play, which seems the case, they should say it and let them move on. 

Metro athletes are being used as political pawns and its unconscionable and disgraceful. News 2 just did a story on the players. Long overdue. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Sidelinehustler said:

It’s unconscionable what Metro has put the players and coaches through. If they have no intentions of letting them play, which seems the case, they should say it and let them move on. 

Right. My son plays football at Lindsey Wilson and the NAIA came out and moved the season to spring the coach just has them doing workouts and conditioning, not hitting or practicing. I know college and high school is a bit different, but for the kids sake they should just let them know and not play the string  with them. One thing Covid has shown is officials will milk out anything they can and be totally unfair to the ones involved