Rumor is Metro is ready to pull the plug

District12AA

45 minutes ago, GREENWAVE84EG said:

I'm not trying to start an argument but I wonder how long do people think the government should force caution on society?  The numbers have by percentage remained low for all these months already, would the active cases have to get to zero?  And if the numbers don't hit whatever point that is for two, three years, or maybe never, what then?

Per John Hopkins COVID tracker the death rate is around 3%, these data can be manipulated and disputed a number of different ways. I've seen people asymptomatic with the virus and other who can't seem to recover. The politicians are in a tough spot. It is unfortunate it seems like they're more concerned with making a statement politically rather than doing what makes the most sense.

To me, what makes the most sense is "informed consent". Just like if you were going into surgery the surgeon would explain the risks (and benefits), you ultimately decided whether you want to inherit the risk or not. We could hash out what this would look like but for the sake of brevity I'll end there.

4 minutes ago, HasBeenHero said:

Per John Hopkins COVID tracker the death rate is around 3%, these data can be manipulated and disputed a number of different ways. I've seen people asymptomatic with the virus and other who can't seem to recover. The politicians are in a tough spot. It is unfortunate it seems like they're more concerned with making a statement politically rather than doing what makes the most sense.

To me, what makes the most sense is "informed consent". Just like if you were going into surgery the surgeon would explain the risks (and benefits), you ultimately decided whether you want to inherit the risk or not. We could hash out what this would look like but for the sake of brevity I'll end there.

In your last paragraph it sounds like you're describing something that seems to have mostly gone away, and that's choice.  Football is voluntary, so it seems to me the thing to do would be to let them play, with guidelines in place, and those kids and/or parents who feel it's too risky, they can choose to opt out.  From what I've gathered I think the vast majority would choose to play, as they're doing in counties that are playing.  Gosh, I used the word choose in two straight sentences, that would just be too logical I guess.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, MidTennFootball said:

I voted for Cooper and he has done nothing to have me regret my decision. I would rather the government operate under an abundance of caution than act like nothing is wrong, which is the stance the state and federal government has taken. 

I want the kids to play as much as anyone but it's not just the kids this government is responsible for. 

As far as the issue of transferring, if they want to move or apply for an hardship, I would be for it. But to give kids ability to transfer wherever without going through the process would be an arms race with programs trying to upgrade their talent level, never mind the fact that incorporating into a program at this point is going to be hard

Thats the thing, the government should not, and is not responsible for my kids.

27 minutes ago, Appvol said:

I was listening and he just really put it all on the school board like he didn’t have some kind of say so. Also buck from NPA tweeted last night saying that the shut down was basically a rumor “We all knew” that started from a few metro head coach’s and Principals who DONT want to play. It’s about 3 programs who has had about 8-15 kids showing up since the summer til now I’ll bet my last few dollars it’s coming from them.

26 minutes ago, FBfan26 said:

I was listening and he just really put it all on the school board like he didn’t have some kind of say so. Also buck from NPA tweeted last night saying that the shut down was basically a rumor “We all knew” that started from a few metro head coach’s and Principals who DONT want to play. It’s about 3 programs who has had about 8-15 kids showing up since the summer til now I’ll bet my last few dollars it’s coming from them.

so can teams  still hold practices now ? this sucks and i hate it for yalls kids and everyone involved .

1 hour ago, FBfan26 said:

This is so much bull crap talk. Good thing you don't have much money.

2 hours ago, FBfan26 said:

It’s about 3 programs who has had about 8-15 kids showing up since the summer til now I’ll bet my last few dollars it’s coming from them.

Big facts! We been knowing this for about a month now. A couple Metro coaches who really don't wanna play this season. 

Edited by FIREBIRD80