Rumor is Metro is ready to pull the plug

District12AA

3 minutes ago, Fryinpan66 said:

I do the PA Announcing for White House Heritage in White House and I was talking to an Administrator about this. He agreed TSSAA now has a mess on their hands. These kids should be able to transfer out and play immediately! I don’t won’t to get political, but I hope this opens folks eyes for those that voted for Cooper. I hope parents protest over this! 

Disagree unless they have a valid change of address.  

16 minutes ago, Fryinpan66 said:

I do the PA Announcing for White House Heritage in White House and I was talking to an Administrator about this. He agreed TSSAA now has a mess on their hands. These kids should be able to transfer out and play immediately! I don’t won’t to get political, but I hope this opens folks eyes for those that voted for Cooper. I hope parents protest over this! 

I voted for Cooper and he has done nothing to have me regret my decision. I would rather the government operate under an abundance of caution than act like nothing is wrong, which is the stance the state and federal government has taken. 

I want the kids to play as much as anyone but it's not just the kids this government is responsible for. 

As far as the issue of transferring, if they want to move or apply for an hardship, I would be for it. But to give kids ability to transfer wherever without going through the process would be an arms race with programs trying to upgrade their talent level, never mind the fact that incorporating into a program at this point is going to be hard

32 minutes ago, MidTennFootball said:

I voted for Cooper and he has done nothing to have me regret my decision. I would rather the government operate under an abundance of caution than act like nothing is wrong, which is the stance the state and federal government has taken. 

I want the kids to play as much as anyone but it's not just the kids this government is responsible for. 

As far as the issue of transferring, if they want to move or apply for an hardship, I would be for it. But to give kids ability to transfer wherever without going through the process would be an arms race with programs trying to upgrade their talent level, never mind the fact that incorporating into a program at this point is going to be hard

I'm not trying to start an argument but I wonder how long do people think the government should force caution on society?  The numbers have by percentage remained low for all these months already, would the active cases have to get to zero?  And if the numbers don't hit whatever point that is for two, three years, or maybe never, what then?

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, MidTennFootball said:

No it's not just the kids that are effected, it's the entire community.  Having said that, if the community and it's leadership choose to shut down schools and sports, then unfortunately the kids should have to as well.  Each of us has a choice where we decide to live and raise our families and with choice comes consequence, either good or bad.  I hope Mr. Cooper is making the right decision, because this decision will be felt for years to come.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, GREENWAVE84EG said:

I'm not trying to start an argument but I wonder how long do people think the government should force caution on society?  The numbers have by percentage remained low for all these months already, would the active cases have to get to zero?  And if the numbers don't hit whatever point that is for two, three years, or maybe never, what then?

Agreed. I don't agree with everything they've done, but the cases are down bc the measures they adopted have become more widely accepted statewide. At this point, there isn't a vaccine and they don't really have a treatment that is a proven success across the board. If governments  treated this virus with urgency in the spring, we wouldn't be having this discussion now

If it were up to me, I would let the schools play as long as they adopt the guidelines laid out by the MPHD. If they do, it is my hope that is not just football that's extended that courtesy , but all sports

19 minutes ago, Sidelinehustler said:

You can have every square inch of Davidson County for my part. Ditto for Shelby County.  I’m glad I live in God’s country and a red county with some reason and common sense. 

Because everything about the Republicans just screams common sense.......

Edited by MidTennFootball