Rumor is Metro is ready to pull the plug

District12AA

2 hours ago, fredjones said:

The elected (in some cases reelected) school board, along with the school superintendant, who is the ultimate boss over the football coaches have said Metro is not playing sports, and until they change their collective minds, no sports will be played.

It's not over just yet!! I know you are probably hoping metro done, so Giles would win the region!!

Edited by FIREBIRD80

5 hours ago, FIREBIRD80 said:

It's not over just yet!! I know you are probably hoping metro done, so Giles would win the region!!

Giles Co doesn't want anything given to them like that . This whole situation sucks for every Metro team but it also sucks for Giles Co . After tonight ,unless coach gets us more teams to play , we don't have another  game until Sept 25th and only 3 in October and that sucks for our seniors . Again it REALLY sucks for the metro teams but trust me we had rather try and run the gauntlet of Region 5 3A , in my opinion one of,if not the toughest region   in high school football in the state .Playing teams like PC, EAST , Stratford and the rest is what makes us better . Maybe the powers that run Nashville  will get things figured out and Metro can play . Doesn't look good but maybe......

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Poundtherock23 said:

I’m curious, do the coaches still get there stipend if they don’t have a season? I coach my daughters travel softball team and I’ve coached against a MNPS head middle school coach and I posed the question to him and him said idk. Seems to me all coaches would want to have season not only for the kids but to guarantee there stipends to be paid......I guess some really don’t care tho and it’s a shame for the kids. 

They have to play at least one game to get paid from what I was told.

51 minutes ago, FBfan26 said:

They have to play at least one game to get paid from what I was told.

Incorrect. All coaches were  told the  same thing. You will get paid as long as the season is not cancelled completely. Postponed will still have practice. Dr. Battle even mentioned  that in her talk. Practices will continue with no contact. If the season is cancelled completely, their pay will end on that day.

Edited by MichaelMyers76

42 minutes ago, MichaelMyers76 said:

Incorrect. All coaches were  told the  same thing. You will get paid as long as the season is not cancelled completely. Postponed will still have practice. Dr. Battle even mentioned  that in her talk. Practices will continue with no contact. If the season is cancelled completely, their pay will end on that day.

Thank you for Clarifying

10 hours ago, Bellsburg2 said:

There have been 35 total COVID deaths in the US in males 5-18 years of age. THIRTY FIVE. I can't find the data, but presumably most of these had some underlying health issues. Bottom line is: healthy kids need to be in school and playing football.

In speaking with a physician friend of mine, the data is really difficult to decipher because there is a huge difference between having died FROM COVID vs died WITH COVID.  It is his belief that just about everyone, or most, will contract COVID at some point in time.  

Edited by JRB
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, CatDaddy1 said:

Giles Co doesn't want anything given to them like that . This whole situation sucks for every Metro team but it also sucks for Giles Co . After tonight ,unless coach gets us more teams to play , we don't have another  game until Sept 25th and only 3 in October and that sucks for our seniors . Again it REALLY sucks for the metro teams but trust me we had rather try and run the gauntlet of Region 5 3A , in my opinion one of,if not the toughest region   in high school football in the state .Playing teams like PC, EAST , Stratford and the rest is what makes us better . Maybe the powers that run Nashville  will get things figured out and Metro can play . Doesn't look good but maybe......

Why did Giles Co not hold up their end of the handshake with Gallatin since y’all have so many open dates?