Rumor is Metro is ready to pull the plug

District12AA

19 hours ago, HasBeenHero said:

Per John Hopkins COVID tracker the death rate is around 3%, these data can be manipulated and disputed a number of different ways. I've seen people asymptomatic with the virus and other who can't seem to recover. The politicians are in a tough spot. It is unfortunate it seems like they're more concerned with making a statement politically rather than doing what makes the most sense.

To me, what makes the most sense is "informed consent". Just like if you were going into surgery the surgeon would explain the risks (and benefits), you ultimately decided whether you want to inherit the risk or not. We could hash out what this would look like but for the sake of brevity I'll end there.

3% is ridiculous and no one but the most ardent sheep of karens thinks its 3%. embarrassing post 

2 hours ago, FBfan26 said:

Coaches meeting tomorrow. Heard some private schools and surrounding counties coach’s will be in attendance. Hopefully this will get the ball rolling

According to the sports talk I listen to, Dilfer for sure will be there....a few others but no additional names given.  They were interviewing Buck w/NPA.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, GeneralForrest said:

3% is ridiculous and no one but the most ardent sheep of karens thinks its 3%. embarrassing post 

Yes, 3%. I understand math is hard when you are unable to show your own work. Johns Hopkins has been tracking these data for months, please visit the link https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/data

Again these data can be disputed if you want, but between the two of us, I'm the only one offering solutions. Also, using insults on your initial response is not a strong argument. Please stick to facts when you return.

Edited by HasBeenHero

8 hours ago, FIREBIRD80 said:

Big facts! We been knowing this for about a month now. A couple Metro coaches who really don't wanna play this season. 

I’m curious, do the coaches still get there stipend if they don’t have a season? I coach my daughters travel softball team and I’ve coached against a MNPS head middle school coach and I posed the question to him and him said idk. Seems to me all coaches would want to have season not only for the kids but to guarantee there stipends to be paid......I guess some really don’t care tho and it’s a shame for the kids. 

Just now, Poundtherock23 said:

I’m curious, do the coaches still get there stipend if they don’t have a season? I coach my daughters travel softball team and I’ve coached against a MNPS head middle school coach and I posed the question to him and he said idk. Seems to me all coaches would want to have season not only for the kids but to guarantee there stipends to be paid......I guess some really don’t care tho and it’s a shame for the kids. 

On 8/25/2020 at 5:32 PM, MidTennFootball said:

I voted for Cooper and he has done nothing to have me regret my decision. I would rather the government operate under an abundance of caution than act like nothing is wrong, which is the stance the state and federal government has taken. 

I want the kids to play as much as anyone but it's not just the kids this government is responsible for. 

As far as the issue of transferring, if they want to move or apply for an hardship, I would be for it. But to give kids ability to transfer wherever without going through the process would be an arms race with programs trying to upgrade their talent level, never mind the fact that incorporating into a program at this point is going to be hard

Cooper only raised your taxes by 34%, shut down the whole city, lead  a protest while forcing everyone else to stay home, and now has irrationally shut down schools and sports. I would not regret voting for him either. You would have to be a Democrat to vote for this dictator. Follow the science and it says kids should be in school and playing sports. They have a better chance of dying in a car wreck going to school than dying of Covid.

37 minutes ago, ecu said:

Cooper only raised your taxes by 34%, shut down the whole city, lead  a protest while forcing everyone else to stay home, and now has irrationally shut down schools and sports. I would not regret voting for him either. You would have to be a Democrat to vote for this dictator. Follow the science and it says kids should be in school and playing sports. They have a better chance of dying in a car wreck going to school than dying of Covid.

I never said the man was perfect. Had no choice to raise taxes due to the reckless spending of his predecessors and the pandemic. I wasn't a fan of it being that high, but it's still on par with being one of the lowest taxes cities for it's size. Your really gonna blame him for doing the sensible thing in shutting the city down and promote a protest on an issue that's gone on in this country since it's founding? Come on. Do I want the kids to play? I do, but I understand why they exercise caution. I'm a lifelong conservative, but not gonna vote Republican out of some warped sense of loyalty

Everybody talks about mortality rates, but nobody talks about the potential for the kids to get their own family infected. You don't have to die from this to have your quality of life altered.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, BooWhoWiseMan said:

Isn't Lipscomb a private in Metro.  They played last week.  Someone please explain what I am missing

The privates  who chose NOT to go by the health department directive could play, but could not play in the county.  Thats why Nashville Christian, Goodpasture, and DCA had to play away.  With the change in the health department directive on Tuesday, They can play have have home games this Friday night.

13 minutes ago, FIREBIRD80 said:

I really have no clue about that part either. 

As long as  the  season is  just "postponed" coaches will still get their  supplements. If they actually come out and say the season is cancelled, then pay will end on that day. Teams are still practicing everyday in helmets and shoulder pads. They just can't use them for whatever reason you want to lie with.