ALCOA vs MARYVILLE

BCsportsfan

4 hours ago, BCsportsfan said:

Booo! :lol:

Glad Kingston kicked you boys butt!

Roadrunners won't get another shot this season at the F5!......Might not even make the playoffs?! :thumb:

and that's what you all are praying for that we don't make the playoffs nor get another chance because you know we're coming to upset yall. :grin:

Mury vull, please beat the brakes off them please!!  

Very hard for anyone to answer anything this year because of no spring and all the hoop-wa that went on to get to this point. Trying to justify on the games that have been played so far and what to expect has been difficult. Maryville looked great against WB but they are pathetic as usual and Cleveland was a game that worried me as they put a few drives together on us using a large line to get decent yardage. It hurt not getting that Bearden game in on our side. From what I see on Alcoa's side of the ball against Blackman was that the defense played lights out and the offense was only held back from it's own mistakes and not really anything to do with Blackman which is a team that gets beat by everyone on it's schedule and can only win against the give me's due to poor coaching. Haven't watched the AE or Scott games because it would be like gathering information off of a jamboree game and predicting the season with it. Guess we'll all get a lot of questions answered Friday Night. Being a Maryville fan I actually know more about Alcoa because of all the returning players and a few of the kids I personally know. On the Maryville side there are so many new faces and with all the issues with covid I haven't been around like usual to get a good feel of what's going on.

Maryville Oline isn't small.

LT. Sal Schito  6'2 235lbs

LG. Jay Adams 6' 285lbs

C. Cal Grubbs 6'3 260lbs

RG. Trevor Abdella  6'1 290lbs

RT. West Stadel  6'2 245lbs

DL doesn't have a lot of size but at DT you have Zach Braden and Thomas Roberts. Both are in the 6' 220lbs range. Both kids are athletic and strong. Both bench 350lbs plus and squat 550lbs.

Cleveland gave Maryville fits but they will give a lot of teams fits. Played Central real tough also. 1st string defense didn't give up a TD to Cleveland. Plus Maryville had a TD called back. Cleveland never really stopped Maryville. Penalties hurt Maryville also. Maryville will have to play well to beat Alcoa.

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, BarneySox2007 said:

Very hard for anyone to answer anything this year because of no spring and all the hoop-wa that went on to get to this point. Trying to justify on the games that have been played so far and what to expect has been difficult. Maryville looked great against WB but they are pathetic as usual and Cleveland was a game that worried me as they put a few drives together on us using a large line to get decent yardage. It hurt not getting that Bearden game in on our side. From what I see on Alcoa's side of the ball against Blackman was that the defense played lights out and the offense was only held back from it's own mistakes and not really anything to do with Blackman which is a team that gets beat by everyone on it's schedule and can only win against the give me's due to poor coaching. Haven't watched the AE or Scott games because it would be like gathering information off of a jamboree game and predicting the season with it. Guess we'll all get a lot of questions answered Friday Night. Being a Maryville fan I actually know more about Alcoa because of all the returning players and a few of the kids I personally know. On the Maryville side there are so many new faces and with all the issues with covid I haven't been around like usual to get a good feel of what's going on.

Blackman made it to the 3rd round of the playoffs last season.  In the regular season they led Ravenwood most of the game only to fall short late in the 4th quarter 16-13. The same Ravenwood team Maryville faced in the Championship game.  

Something WB....Bearden.....Heritage....Fulton.......Bradley Central.......and others on Maryville's schedule could didn't do.

So prop yourself up thinking Blackman was a much worse opponent than WB and Cleveland! Ha!:lol:

Edited by BCsportsfan