White House at Springfield

BDP2003

34 minutes ago, ilovethegame said:

Beat Stratford at home 1st round then lost to Clarksville at home 2nd round.

Shoulda been state champs!

across the board that may have been the most talent shs has ever put on the field. they where loaded. I kept telling john to get out of that soft coverage and clarksville dinked and dunked on us all night and especially on the go ahead drive

A lot has been made of the coaching staff at Springfield. Has anyone else noticed that Jo Byrns has taken a huge nose dive in recent years. I mean JBS went to several title games and gave Trousdale all they wanted one year.  Now they are losing to powerhouses like Clay County.  I wonder how much is talent drop off. and how much of it is because Drew Wilson left and went to Springfield.  I am sure he would be a great head coach somewhere, but it awesome to have both Wilson brothers coaching at Springfield.

Edited by DANR
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, DANR said:

A lot has been made of the coaching staff at Springfield. Has anyone else noticed that Jo Byrns has taken a huge nose dive in recent years. I mean JBS went to several title games and gave Trousdale all they wanted one year.  Now they are losing to powerhouses like Clay County.  I wonder how much is talent drop off. and how much of it is because Drew Wilson left and went to Springfield.  I am sure he would be a great head coach somewhere, but it awesome to have both Wilson brothers coaching at Springfield.

It’s mostly talent drop off. JBHS goes in cycles being as small as they are. They’ve got the same head coach that was there when Drew was the D coordinator. I’m sure the defense isn’t as good as they were when Drew was there, but he’s not the reason for the fall off. JBHS will cycle back around in another 3-4 and be a really good 1A team with some kids they’ve got coming up. 

58 minutes ago, Poundtherock23 said:

It’s mostly talent drop off. JBHS goes in cycles being as small as they are. They’ve got the same head coach that was there when Drew was the D coordinator. I’m sure the defense isn’t as good as they were when Drew was there, but he’s not the reason for the fall off. JBHS will cycle back around in another 3-4 and be a really good 1A team with some kids they’ve got coming up. 

But you would think they would be better than ever by getting Springfield kids now. Them and greenbrier. Jo byrns gets all the kids from holly circle over, if this zoning would have happen in 2006 Josh Bey would have been a red devil! Greenbrier has several starters on defense that live in Springfield city limits haha right behind Kroger actually. No idea whats going on with both programs. Would be nice to have JBHS winning right now though with SHS success. 

32 minutes ago, ilovethegame said:

But you would think they would be better than ever by getting Springfield kids now. Them and greenbrier. Jo byrns gets all the kids from holly circle over, if this zoning would have happen in 2006 Josh Bey would have been a red devil! Greenbrier has several starters on defense that live in Springfield city limits haha right behind Kroger actually. No idea whats going on with both programs. Would be nice to have JBHS winning right now though with SHS success. 

That is actually what I thought was going to happen, but that just has not panned out. I hope they pick it up here in the next few years, guess we will see...

I also do not understand how we may be reclassified up to 5A next year with giving up these kids for rezoning...

Edited by Kevin38

6 minutes ago, Kevin38 said:

That is actually what I thought was going to happen, but that just has not panned out. I hope they pick it up here in the next few years, guess we will see...

I also do not understand how we may be reclassified up to 5A next year with giving up these kids for rezoning...

not a matter we may go 5a...we are definitely going 5a

40 minutes ago, BDP2003 said:

WH losing one their best linemen, a young QB in Hill, and the lack for an accurate passing game doesn’t scream success at Springfield Friday. I hope we can keep it a game going to the fourth where anything can happen. 

Jackets 31

Devils 14 

Did a lineman get hurt? What happened to the QB that played against Trousdale? I heard a freshman was starting in place of him now.