Covington @ Westview - week 5

CHARGERFAN

13 minutes ago, CHARGERFAN said:

So, I managed to get tix for this game. Googled "Ten best restaurants in Martin, TN". Number 10 was Sonic. So, I'm a little worried about where to eat.  I'd appreciate a recommendation from somebody local.

No worries, the small-town of Martin has some good eats. Depends on what you're feeling.

Mexican- La Cabana

Blue Oak Oyster bar & grill is newer and great. Great variety.

The Grind also a good bar and grill. But the wait is usually long on a table depending on your timing

Yamato or Hunan Palace- Japanese 

Best Wings- have good wings/fried chicken, burgers and catfish

An awesome sandwich- Sammie's

25 minutes ago, Tnfootball13 said:

No worries, the small-town of Martin has some good eats. Depends on what you're feeling.

Mexican- La Cabana

Blue Oak Oyster bar & grill is newer and great. Great variety.

The Grind also a good bar and grill. But the wait is usually long on a table depending on your timing

Yamato or Hunan Palace- Japanese 

Best Wings- have good wings/fried chicken, burgers and catfish

An awesome sandwich- Sammie's

Thanks. There appear to be some good choices in your list. We'll try one.

3 hours ago, CHARGERFAN said:

So, I managed to get tix for this game. Googled "Ten best restaurants in Martin, TN". Number 10 was Sonic. So, I'm a little worried about where to eat.  I'd appreciate a recommendation from somebody local.

The Hearth is pretty good. Soul food place. Buffett or you can order off the menu. Rolls are great ! 

• Like 1

Good suggestions for food. Thanks to all.

Back to the game - this week's 3A AP poll shows Covington still at #2 in the state. Westview is ranked #6 in the state. 

This has to be the headliner for 3A football in Tennessee this week. Based on those rankings it's apparent that it should be on TV. However, since it probably isn't, you can view the game by going to Facebook and there will be Live Stream coverage on the Covington Gridiron page. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Charger Girl said:

The Hearth is still opened ? Awesome! Last time I  was there was the day I graduated from UTM in June of 1978

I graduated from UTM in June of 1976.  It seems like I remember The Hearth, but I don't ever remember eating there.  Since they were right off campus, I ate a lot at Tony's and The T Room.  I loved those greasy pizzas from Tony's.  Lol.  I wonder if those two restaurants are still open.  If they are, I'm sure they are quite different from what they were in the 70s.  Good Luck Covington!

9 hours ago, stacmot said:

I graduated from UTM in June of 1976.  It seems like I remember The Hearth, but I don't ever remember eating there.  Since they were right off campus, I ate a lot at Tony's and The T Room.  I loved those greasy pizzas from Tony's.  Lol.  I wonder if those two restaurants are still open.  If they are, I'm sure they are quite different from what they were in the 70s.  Good Luck Covington!

And good luck to y'all versus D'burg. You know I definitely want Haywood to win.

10 hours ago, stacmot said:

I graduated from UTM in 91 and the T Room was still open but somewhere between then and now.....lol, they closed.