Covington @ Westview - week 5

CHARGERFAN

There is no "yall." I have no dog in the fight. I just love to watch good West Tennessee High School Football. Covington represented the west in the semi finals last year like they have for the past few years, including the two trips to the state championship game. They will be the class of west TN until someone can beat them when it matters, i.e. in the playoffs. I just hope for good games each and every week. 

Just now, JoeBlow777 said:

There is no "yall." I have no dog in the fight. I just love to watch good West Tennessee High School Football. Covington represented the west in the semi finals last year like they have for the past few years, including the two trips to the state championship game. They will be the class of west TN until someone can beat them when it matters, i.e. in the playoffs. I just hope for good games each and every week. 

If the regular season games don’t matter why did they keep score?  Again y’all have a fine team but when teams from west ten are beating you don’t say it’s Covington them everyone else. 

6 minutes ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

In the end y’all got the same trophy we did. 

3 minutes ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

If the regular season games don’t matter why did they keep score?  Again y’all have a fine team but when teams from west ten are beating you don’t say it’s Covington them everyone else. 

In the end, everyone is playing for 2nd anyway. Why play at all, even in playoffs if nobody is going to beat Alcoa? If Milan wants to celebrate regular season wins, I am sure Covington will let them win every single regular season game as long as Covington can win when it counts in the playoffs..... Don't be silly, we both know that the playoffs is what really matters.....

9 minutes ago, JoeBlow777 said:

In the end, everyone is playing for 2nd anyway. Why play at all, even in playoffs if nobody is going to beat Alcoa? If Milan wants to celebrate regular season wins, I am sure Covington will let them win every single regular season game as long as Covington can win when it counts in the playoffs..... Don't be silly, we both know that the playoffs is what really matters.....

Yep. That’s why I said y’all got the same trophy we did. Playoffs is all that matters. 

1 hour ago, fanoffootball2013 said:

Is it to early to start a Covington/Milan thread? Things are heating up early! 

Covington has a game against Ripley next week. The following week, Milan will visit Covington. I personally think it's too soon for a Covington-Milan thread.

However, at this point there are just two teams in Region 7-3A with no region losses. They are, as you probably know, Covington and Milan. So, you can start thinking about their matchup if you want.

3 hours ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

Yep. That’s why I said y’all got the same trophy we did. Playoffs is all that matters. 

HEY! HEY! STOP IT! We got a trophy for winning the region last year! J K,

The more things change, the more they stay the same. It is starting to look like it is going to be a race between Covington, Milan, and SGC. 

SGC has a leg down because of the early lose to Milan. 

Edited by ManOfMillions

3 minutes ago, ManOfMillions said:

HEY! HEY! STOP IT! We got a trophy for winning the region last year! J K,

The more things change, the more they stay the same. It is starting to look like it is going to be a race between Covington, Milan, and SGC. 

SGC has a leg down because of the early lose to Milan. 

I agree.   Will be interesting to see how the rest of the season shakes out.