Tornadoes vs Tide "The Golden Tradition"

PeabodyPride

33 minutes ago, Bigsw02 said:

We are a team that is coming together but we still have a lot to work on. Last night was a great improvement especially defensively. I know the score doesn't show it and SS did enough damage to themselves to help my Tornadoes win but we held them to 190 yards total offense. One of the Hawks TDs came on a kickoff return. I want to be clear, I am in no way trying to compare SS with the Tide. There's no comparison. Peabody is the best team in 2A. Hands down. My Tornadoes will have to step up big time to make this game competitive. I am only saying that we are starting to become a legit threat and any team that sleeps on UC will get a huge wake up call. I know the Tide is well coached and they don't sleep on anyone. I agree with Pride, this game will be closer than a lot of people expect. 

We are allowing 5.3 points per game on average on defense. The scores don’t reflect it because our young skill players have made some mistakes. We have had like 4 pick 6’s. Two of the pick 6’s were pass interference. 

our defense has out scored opponents on the last 6 games. We have scored on special teams on just about every game I believe. 

All of that being said it could still be a close game. Any game can be lost or won. Hopefully our men show up and don’t start slow. I think they will be ready they know all about Union city 

16 minutes ago, Tide21 said:

We are allowing 5.3 points per game on average on defense. The scores don’t reflect it because our young skill players have made some mistakes. We have had like 4 pick 6’s. Two of the pick 6’s were pass interference. 

our defense has out scored opponents on the last 6 games. We have scored on special teams on just about every game I believe. 

All of that being said it could still be a close game. Any game can be lost or won. Hopefully our men show up and don’t start slow. I think they will be ready they know all about Union city 

Please don't pull my Tide card y'all,I think Gold and Black wins this game but I just don't see a blow out,I see a game that has a B#B champ that's hard to beat at home and a hungry Purple and Gold team that's been in several dog fights,now I know we blew out two teams UC barely got that W against but we all know that can mean nothing at times ! Ok so brutal honesty time that I think both fan bases will have to agree with 

Peabody slow start and we have a dogfight

Peabody offensive mistakes we have a dogfight

UC limits fumbles and controls the clock while on O ,we have a dogfight

Tide starts fast limits mistakes and wins in the trenches it could get ugly.

If it seems to  simple of a analysis sorry but I know these programs ,I know where they are at NOW and if you think the Tide can blow them out or the Twisters can win in a ugly dogfight you right !

It's Black N Gold    It's Purple N Gold  

The Golden Traditions

27 minutes ago, PeabodyPride said:

Please don't pull my Tide card y'all,I think Gold and Black wins this game but I just don't see a blow out,I see a game that has a B#B champ that's hard to beat at home and a hungry Purple and Gold team that's been in several dog fights,now I know we blew out two teams UC barely got that W against but we all know that can mean nothing at times ! Ok so brutal honesty time that I think both fan bases will have to agree with 

Peabody slow start and we have a dogfight

Peabody offensive mistakes we have a dogfight

UC limits fumbles and controls the clock while on O ,we have a dogfight

Tide starts fast limits mistakes and wins in the trenches it could get ugly.

If it seems to  simple of a analysis sorry but I know these programs ,I know where they are at NOW and if you think the Tide can blow them out or the Twisters can win in a ugly dogfight you right !

It's Black N Gold    It's Purple N Gold  

The Golden Traditions

I want to see Peabody come  out gunning. I’m tired of the starting slow. Let’s limit mistakes and crack some heads. 

the liberty game wasn’t who we are. They were just to flat. 

Edited by Tide21

1 minute ago, Tide21 said:

I want to see Peabody come  out gunning. I’m tired of the starting slow. Let’s limit mistakes and crack some heads. 

the liberty game wasn’t who we are. They were just to flat. 

Agree 1000 percent ,but these slow starts and flat starts will eventually get us beat ! I fully expect our coaching staff to get this fixed !

Honestly, starting the season I would not have given us a plug nickle's chance in this game. New coach, new system, lot of players without a lot of playing time and no preseason. However, my boys have steadily gotten better each week to this week when they put together one of the most complete games they have yet.

That being said, Peabody is Peabody and that is a team on a several year roll. Nobody is going to walk in and over them. But, to quote The Nature Boy, " To be the man you gotta beat the man". Peabody is deservedly the man right now. But sooner or later everybody falls. Any given Friday you know. But, is this the year, and are we the team? I don't know. But I like our chances better than I did just a few weeks ago. 

Should be a fun game either way, and the Pride/Tornado rivalry tradition will continue.  Look forward to seeing you guys.

3 minutes ago, PeabodyPride said:

Don't understand how that even happens with where we are as a program now ! 

He said that the town had been talking about the opponents for Thursday and they must have heard it and he said as coaches they didn’t do a good enough job changing that mindset. I guess they thought they were just going to win. That’s why they stalled in the first quarter. I’m paraphrasing all this not word for word. Like you said where Peabody is now as a team it blows my mind they are getting sidetracked like that.

Edited by PHSRollTide

31 minutes ago, PHSRollTide said:

He said that the town had been talking about the opponents for Thursday and they must have heard it and he said as coaches they didn’t do a good enough job changing that mindset. I guess they thought they were just going to win. That’s why they stalled in the first quarter. I’m paraphrasing all this not word for word. Like you said where Peabody is now as a team it blows my mind they are getting sidetracked like that.

That’s just the players mindset going into the game, they get that as soon as they see them on film or what not. No doubt the mindset will be different this week. UC is always physical so if you’re not ready for that then you’ll be in trouble 

• Upvote 1