Week 8 -- D-B at Farragut (Region 1-6A battle for first)

TribalEmpire

19 minutes ago, pepvol said:

OhOh ... Can we forfeit already ??!! LOL 

your so right.. i was in every way saying saying that the defending state champs shouldnt show up.... i never said we would even win, all i said was we could give them trouble up front, but if you want to act like i took it that far then go ahead 

That game last night reminded me of the time Maryville played Farragut on TV back in 2012 and the game was pretty much decided by halftime but Farragut wouldn't lay back and remove their starters trying to get back into the game against our JV team forcing GQ to put his starters back into the game. That game ended out 60-41 and could of been 70-7 if Maryville had of left the first team in all game long. From that point forward is why I have never cared how Farragut forces another team into a situation like that and we all got a good example of what I'm talking about last night.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, WaCoJaCo said:

Well it's a good thing that you're optimistic. Not knocking you for that. But we won't dominate the line against Alcoa and Maryville. I think we hold our own but it would take a really special night to dominate against those two teams. We dominated the line tonight and still gave up "five" touchdown passes. See what I'm saying.  It's just throw and catch against DB. I've never seen anything like it. 

You are correct. Farragut ran the ball like twice in the second half

I have watched both Maryville and Farragut along with Farragut and DB. Maryville is not as good as they usually are but WOW DB looked like a machine they looked a lot better then Maryville did and Farragut played Maryville at Maryville. DB came to Farragut on a 2 hour bus trip. Was very impressed how DB. But Maryville plays different when it comes to the playoff be a good game

23 minutes ago, rollnoles said:

I have watched both Maryville and Farragut along with Farragut and DB. Maryville is not as good as they usually are but WOW DB looked like a machine they looked a lot better then Maryville did and Farragut played Maryville at Maryville. DB came to Farragut on a 2 hour bus trip. Was very impressed how DB. But Maryville plays different when it comes to the playoff be a good game

ummm, Hello! Farragut scored "3" against Maryville and "35" against DB. Lets be realistic, I'm a DB fan and I'd like what you said to be true, but you have to look at the whole picture. I've been watching Maryville long enough to know.....Never Ever try to compare common opponents with Maryville. You could beat team X by 35 points and Maryville could beat them by 14. Then Maryville would beat you by 40. 

Edited by WaCoJaCo
  • Like 1

That was an impressive win by D-B at Farragut last night. I agree with Waco that D-B would be the overwhelming underdog if they play Maryville in playoffs. I don’t think anybody on here is disrespecting Maryville by thinking that D-B has a small chance against them.  I think people are just hoping for a competitive game for once if they play.

30 minutes ago, WaCoJaCo said:

ummm, Hello! Farragut scored "3" against Maryville and "35" against DB. Lets be realistic, I'm a DB fan and I'd like what you said to be true, but you have to look at the whole picture. I've been watching Maryville long enough to know.....Never Ever try to compare common opponents with Maryville. You could beat team X by 35 points and Maryville could beat them by 14. Then Maryville would beat you by 40. 

WaCojaCo I don’t see how your a DB fan give the kids some credit played a great game. At the half that game was 7 to 0 at Maryville. Maryville picked on the same side DB running the ball with there three TD’s. DB never punted and scored every time they had the ball but one. Some of those TD passes was with your second team and LIKE I SAID ST THE END MARYVILLE IS A DIFFERENT TEAM IN THE PLAYOFF’s. 

Its not so much playing Marivul, its scoring against Marivul. DB has a tendency to average 50+ in seasons but only score 7 against them in the playoffs. I do believe this is the more evenly contested game between the 2 in recent time, but everyone is over looking McMinn Co. They have looked impressive all year and each week better. DB vs Alcoa will tell us more. I think DB and Alcoa could go either way 

13 minutes ago, Thund3rStruck said:

Its not so much playing Marivul, its scoring against Marivul. DB has a tendency to average 50+ in seasons but only score 7 against them in the playoffs. I do believe this is the more evenly contested game between the 2 in recent time, but everyone is over looking McMinn Co. They have looked impressive all year and each week better. DB vs Alcoa will tell us more. I think DB and Alcoa could go either way 

I agree. Ive tried not to get my hopes up yet. We beat Alcoa then Ill get a teeny bit excited