Maryville @ Bradley

TnBear

21 minutes ago, strongx said:

Back in "the day", 1.5 hour rides to games meant you were pretty far along in the playoffs - usually quarterfinals. Nowadays, it could be longer for region games. Im not sure its better now. 

Be thankful you weren't Lincoln County then. If longer trips means a better product, I think we would all be for that

4 hours ago, Bearettesalltheway said:

It was already scheduled for Thursday anyway and 1) its not supposed to rain friday abd 2) moving games to a school night on a sport that is better with weather as a factor, is dumb. 3) you cant expect to have clear weather every week and should adjust to the elements in football. 4) if they state "kids safety" as a reason to move games thats the dumbest reason to move games. Adjust to the elements anywat. Soccer is played in the rain (without ptotective gear) so why cant football??? Unless theres lightning football shoyls be played no matter what. Worried abou the weather get a domed stadium

I agree with most of what you said, however, I have found that most HS games played in rain just become a big "slip n slide" sloppy affair with multiple turnovers.  It also wrecks the field (well, grass fields, for those public schools who aren't lucky enough to play in Knoxville or at Cleveland High School) for future games the rest of the year.  I do think the crowd from Maryville would be bigger if it was on Friday.  

4 minutes ago, CleveBear said:

I agree with most of what you said, however, I have found that most HS games played in rain just become a big "slip n slide" sloppy affair with multiple turnovers.  It also wrecks the field (well, grass fields, for those public schools who aren't lucky enough to play in Knoxville or at Cleveland High School) for future games the rest of the year.  I do think the crowd from Maryville would be bigger if it was on Friday.  

Our crowd will be down because of fall break played on Friday or Thursday. 

1 hour ago, rebelwoman87 said:

Our crowd will be down because of fall break played on Friday or Thursday. 

This is my favorite time to go on a trip to the beach but seriously I know at least a half dozen people that have been in the past month and everyone of them caught Covid and not at the same beach. Most of these were younger with families that made it okay through this mess but I sure hope we don't have an upswing in this over a little bit riskier vacation bringing everyone a present back from the beach. That's the first thoughts I have when so many families are gone during this time of the school year.