Gordonsville at Fayetteville

croz6110

5 hours ago, Varo said:

I thought you were adamant about not giving Whitwell any gate money?  Did you score a free pass? 

BTW, I think I spotted you at the Cornersville game.  You were around the 50 in the C stands, and think you were standing in front of some lady that videos the C'ville game(s).  Gray sweatsuit, hat maybe, skull and crossbone pattern on your mask.  It was a 20 minute or so video C'ville posted on their Facebook page. That gentleman was on his phone the whole time, and could have been the Coach T page on the screen.  Busted?

I was adamant about not giving Jasper any gate money since they wouldn't reschedule our game that was canceled.  They hosted Bledsoe that night.  The Pirates didn't have a game so I ventured to Frog Bottom for the first time.  I saw a very good contested region game.  I believe I made the right decision.  

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, croz6110 said:

It seems to me, and I could be wrong, that Fayetteville won't be affected much, if at all, on the offensive side of the ball. Defensively and in the punting game is where there may be some dropoff. Defensively, I don't think there will be that much.

One thing that worries me about Gordonsville is that the only game we've had in a month is against Red Boiling Springs, and I'm not sure how that will affect us.

Our guys have the next man up mentality and I do think we have other kids who can play. We will find out if they can play as well as the 5 guys they are replacing. When you want to be a great team, you have to be able to handle adversity and tough situations. I don’t think we can pretend it won’t have an impact missing those 5. They were all 5 defensive starters. They accounted for 12 offensive TDs. One was our punter. One was our primary return guy. But it’s an opportunity for some other guys to step up and see what kind of depth we have. To be honest, I don’t know what to expect. We really struggled without them in the back half of the Cornersville game but I hear they found guys to fill those spots. Everyone on our side will need to bring their A game. Hoping for a good game and a good atmosphere. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Richmond30 said:

Our guys have the next man up mentality and I do think we have other kids who can play. We will find out if they can play as well as the 5 guys they are replacing. When you want to be a great team, you have to be able to handle adversity and tough situations. I don’t think we can pretend it won’t have an impact missing those 5. They were all 5 defensive starters. They accounted for 12 offensive TDs. One was our punter. One was our primary return guy. But it’s an opportunity for some other guys to step up and see what kind of depth we have. To be honest, I don’t know what to expect. We really struggled without them in the back half of the Cornersville game but I hear they found guys to fill those spots. Everyone on our side will need to bring their A game. Hoping for a good game and a good atmosphere. 

Good luck R30.  I've found you to be a respectable poster.  You must be close to the Fayetteville program?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Southtowner said:

Good luck R30.  I've found you to be a respectable poster.  You must be close to the Fayetteville program?

I attended Fayetteville, have kids in the system now and have some family members working there. I have known a lot of these boys since they were kids. 

6 minutes ago, Southtowner said:

Keep encouraging them.  

Thanks, ST. That’s all we can do as grown men. They are a great group of young guys. By the way, I watched SP online against Meigs. That Frame kid is the real deal. I came to SP last year to watch y’all beat Meigs and I don’t remember anyone that looked like that. He is sneaky fast and very elusive. That TD run he had after the Meigs turnover was awesome (this year’s game). The Parker kid that is the Moore Co QB is similar with a little less speed and height but just as hard to tackle. 

1 minute ago, Richmond30 said:

Thanks, ST. That’s all we can do as grown men. They are a great group of young guys. By the way, I watched SP online against Meigs. That Frame kid is the real deal. I came to SP last year to watch y’all beat Meigs and I don’t remember anyone that looked like that. He is sneaky fast and very elusive. That TD run he had after the Meigs turnover was awesome (this year’s game). The Parker kid that is the Moore Co QB is similar with a little less speed and height but just as hard to tackle. 

Thanks.

Hunter got injured early on in the Meigs contest last year and missed a few games.  He has put in a lot of work during the off season and its paying off for him.

I'd like to see Moore County but I really won't get the opportunity unless weather may affect the schedules where they play on a different date than SP.  All our remaining games are region games. So, that's where I'll be most likely.  

4 minutes ago, orngnblk said:

What's going on at this game??Fayetteville up 14.

Couple busted plays, FC scored on a tipped pass.. Sloppy  play from the tigers with turnovers and penalties..  14- 7 now

On 10/11/2020 at 6:50 PM, jimmycrackedthatcorn said:

Edited by fsurules