Odds %'s of who will end up playing Alcoa

wolfchase

5 minutes ago, CHARGERFAN said:

Marcus Hayes was All-State as a sophomore. He battled an ankle injury his entire junior year. He's been pretty strong this year. Before Milan, he was averaging over 10 yards/carry this season. 

Memphis has looked at him, because I've talked to Coach Jones (Tiger RB coach) about him myself. One rap on Hayes is that he only weighs around 160. But, he has one thing you can't coach - speed. 

We'll see if he ends up playing at the next level or not. 

Don’t most d1 schools want a back at 180-200 at least ?  I guess the question is if he gets that heavy will he still be fast ?  Most d1 backs are 200 plus pounds. He is good no doubt but if Milan can stop him...    look at eric gray when he was in high school no one could stop him and I think that’s the case with most d1 backs in high school. 

3 hours ago, 00Chargers said:

That running game took an Alcoa team to the final seconds in 2018 and moved the ball just fine. The 2018 Alcoa team that beat Maryville. The coaches will adjust and find a way to move the ball, they did in 2017 and again in 2018. 

And this team and defense is a lot better than the 2018 team. If you are one dimensional you have no chance.

2 hours ago, bglass said:

Besides Milan and South Gibson no one has stopped our offense the last two seasons. We stopped ourselves against PC last year with turnovers!! Turnovers also cost us against Milan this year!!

No true! Our old defensive coordinator helped with 14 of them points, by not adjusting to the pitch. Then huge personal foul penalty before half gave yall that score. But when he finally made that adjustment Covington did nothing in the second half. Them turnovers were caused not given. Stop it fella!!

Edited by FIREBIRD80

21 hours ago, FIREBIRD80 said:

Naw y'all beat us straight up. QB was healthy until 4th quarter. He did have an injury earlier in the season, but didn't miss any action. Our CB/RB which is #2 didn't play tho. 

I thought the QB1 had a bum knee that week and was not a threat to run. Quit playing possum about him and saying he was 100%

We all see through partial googles...and that will never change. I saw Covington's mistakes in many of these games a lot more prominent than the other teams' as I sure most of us do. It's part of being a fan. I'm glad to see so much parity and competition from the west side of the bracket. It makes thing much more interesting than shutting out everyone from your region and side of the state. Not saying I wouldn't like that, it just seems to make the conversation with other fanbases more enjoyable. 

• Upvote 1

On 10/5/2020 at 4:04 PM, vandyfan1 said:

PC looked pretty dang good to me when I watched them play East Nashville the other day. Athletes everywhere on the field and athletes with multiple big time offers from college.

I hope we get to find out. You maybe right. 

Edited by Sunni