Is it just me, or is football down

1OldPatriot

6 minutes ago, MidTennFootball said:

Biggest reason why Oakland has been able to beat Maryville is the attention the middle school and freshman/jv get. McDaniel did a good job getting the ball rolling, but Creasy took it to another level

Does the addition of James and Horton help? Absolutely, but it's not a night and day difference. Oakland was already well stocked at both of those positions, it just made them deeper

Were they injured or suspended at the beginning of the season?

Just now, StarBright87 said:

Were they injured or suspended at the beginning of the season?

They didn't get any touches in season opener but that's it. Horton does remind me a little bit of Jacoby Stevens, but Oakland is never going to be accused of being a pass happy offense at least not under Creasy.

James is no doubt a big name, but Antonio Patterson would have been fully capable of carrying the run game if need be, with some carries from Stephenson.

Not gonna say no to these transfers, but it's nice to be getting kids from these privates instead of worrying about losing them 

• Like 1

On 10/4/2020 at 5:47 PM, 1OldPatriot said:

Across all divisions? In East TN, DB is ok in 6A, with Maryville and McMinn Co looking good. But even Maryville doesn’t look as impressive as in the past. In 5A, Powell and Knox West look good, but that is about it. In 4A, Anderson Co and Elizabethton and no one else. Alcoa and nobody in 3A. 

I think everybody’s routine was broke and most coaches are creatures of habits. 

22 hours ago, Thund3rStruck said:

Phantom call? Like Marivul fans said before, refs just officiate the games, so I'm sure if there was 1 bad call there was others in that game that could have changed the outcome. Whitehaven won, the past is the past 

The film clearly showed no penalty. George handled it with class, pointing out that they still had a chance to win in OT. 

51 minutes ago, chs1984 said:

Valid points. I live in Georgia, a much bigger state, and we have one less classification than Tennessee. 

There's just too much in tennessee they need 4 divisions, i say put 500 or less in 1a. 501 to 1000 to 2a. 1001 to 1500 to 3a. And 1501 to whoever is the biggest school in 4a. And then you have the privates. I think some years 4a schools could win 5a state and some years 3a could win 3-6a

Edited by Thund3rStruck

13 hours ago, Thund3rStruck said:

There's just too much in tennessee they need 4 divisions, i say put 500 or less in 1a. 501 to 1000 to 2a. 1001 to 1500 to 3a. And 1501 to whoever is the biggest school in 4a. And then you have the privates. I think some years 4a schools could win 5a state and some years 3a could win 3-6a

Some did the math on the board a few years ago with 4 classes and it would be Severely uneven with the amount of schools in TN. 

56 minutes ago, FBfan26 said:

Some did the math on the board a few years ago with 4 classes and it would be Severely uneven with the amount of schools in TN. 

You're probably right with the numbers, but there's got to be a way that 4 divisions would work. They make 3 work in basketball and it does great. Maybe change up the playoff settings, seed 1-16 on the east side of Tennessee and then seed the 1-16 on the other side of the state, still 5 playoff games instead of just pairing 1 region against the other. Region 1 through 4 seed them and 5 through 8 seed them 

2 hours ago, Thund3rStruck said:

You're probably right with the numbers, but there's got to be a way that 4 divisions would work. They make 3 work in basketball and it does great. Maybe change up the playoff settings, seed 1-16 on the east side of Tennessee and then seed the 1-16 on the other side of the state, still 5 playoff games instead of just pairing 1 region against the other. Region 1 through 4 seed them and 5 through 8 seed them 

What you described is basically the Z-Plan

40 minutes ago, Thund3rStruck said:

Do you think it would work or not. It would still keep travel down for the first few rounds. But in the playoffs I dont think travel should matter as much imo

If memory serves, cutting down travel in the playoffs (and thus increasing attendance) was the reason for going to the current system.