Week 11 -- Alcoa at D-B (Rivalry Thursday)

TribalEmpire

8 minutes ago, STARSNBARS said:

Hard hittin gaim......Both teems tuff att tha LOS.......Alcoee jist maid moore plays downfeeled inn tha passin' gaim......Tesnar runned hit hard and tha D-B QB iz purtee slick wif hiz bawl faiks and all......Brayden played goodur for Alcoee.......Eye hoap Cox iz ok.....He iz a vitull cog fer Alcoee......:popcorneater:

I don't think DB will back down from Marivul this year. At the LOS i think its an even game. But we all know Marivul has the more all around team. DB is very physical and will keep hitting you in the mouth play in and play out. They have to find a way to be more unpredictable on offense & figure out a way to reduce the big plays in the secondary 

23 minutes ago, blazer1set said:

Some random thoughts about this one:

-  DB did not play that badly, just kept choking in the red zone
-  If Alcoa's QB could hit open receivers the score would have been 50-7
-  Refs kept calling timeout to measure when the ball was a good yard from the stick, what the ?!?!??

Me and my brother watching at home was making fun of that measuring all night haha. Im glad someone else saw it

8 minutes ago, Thund3rStruck said:

I don't think DB will back down from Marivul this year. At the LOS i think its an even game. But we all know Marivul has the more all around team. DB is very physical and will keep hitting you in the mouth play in and play out. They have to find a way to be more unpredictable on offense & figure out a way to reduce the big plays in the secondary 

umm...No

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, STARSNBARS said:

Hard hittin gaim......Both teems tuff att tha LOS.......Alcoee jist maid moore plays downfeeled inn tha passin' gaim......Tesnar runned hit hard and tha D-B QB iz purtee slick wif hiz bawl faiks and all......Brayden played goodur for Alcoee.......Eye hoap Cox iz ok.....He iz a vitull cog fer Alcoee......:popcorneater:

Stars  .. Rebs will definitely take advantage of DB's DB's  ..  with a better passing game than Alcoa  .. Alcoa QB was just throwing it up and depending on WR to make a play  .. i think Rebs will pickem apart .. if they play ... it eas fun watching game on TV  .. played there in 1974 .. place was packed ..

Belief, that is the difference!  Alcoa has competed and won some very competitive games against quality athletic football teams.  Alcoa knows how to win!  DB has the athletes and coaches to compete, but need to figure out how to believe they are going to win.  When you are playing against a team (coaches and players) that believe, you have to knock the believe out of them and that is hard to do.  When you question your ability to win, you will always question yourself when you make a mistake.  Believe you are going to win and fight through all the set backs.  When you do this and execute even with a lesser athletic team you overcome mistakes and put your team in a position to win.  Maryville does this year in and year out.  Play to win...Don't play not to lose.  The results will always be dramatically different.

32 minutes ago, Thund3rStruck said:

That's true that DB won't back down, but the Tribe defensive secondary is as porous as a covid mask.   Alcoa had WR's running open all night but the QB mostly threw jump balls.    If Maryville can THROW  AND  CATCH  then its a running clock, but I have not seen the Rebels play this year so I have no idea what their passing game is like.     Others have commented all season about the DB secondary and after seeing it for myself I have to agree, they really are bad.    No offense intended towards any individual players or coaches, just giving my thoughts on it.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, blazer1set said:

That's true that DB won't back down, but the Tribe defensive secondary is as porous as a covid mask.   Alcoa had WR's running open all night but the QB mostly threw jump balls.    If Maryville can THROW  AND  CATCH  then its a running clock, but I have not seen the Rebels play this year so I have no idea what their passing game is like.     Others have commented all season about the DB secondary and after seeing it for myself I have to agree, they really are bad.    No offense intended towards any individual players or coaches, just giving my thoughts on it.

No I agree with that. DB has no secondary at all. They will need some stops or a break here and there to keep Marivul at bay. But I don't see anyone just running down DB throat no matter who the team is

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Thund3rStruck said:

No I agree with that. DB has no secondary at all. They will need some stops or a break here and there to keep Marivul at bay. But I don't see anyone just running down DB throat no matter who the team is

who says DB will make it to the Maryville game? And if they do it's going to be more of the same. A lot of changes will have to be made in Kingsport for that game to ever be competitive. 

• Upvote 1

I love all of you arm chair quarterbacks who probably didn't even get in the game as a high school player.  The one thing I respect about the Maryville and Alcoa fans, is that with all the confidence they have they always point out the positives of the opposing team.  We (DB) can't even give the boy's props for shutting out a very good team in the second half.  It's amazing to me that we get all of these so called experts from other schools...areas that know so much about football that they down DB.  Yes, most is true, but we haven't asked for or put out there that we are perfect.  I realize we all are very supportive of our teams, but please make the smack talk constructive and don't and I mean don't, criticize from the sidelines when I'm positive you have never been an integral part of a team that is competing for a cause.

45 minutes ago, Thund3rStruck said:

Let's not forget that Alcoa's best playmaker basically didn't play the entire game