Week 11 -- Alcoa at D-B (Rivalry Thursday)

TribalEmpire

3 minutes ago, Tribal said:

Do any of you claiming it’s all coaching think Christian wouldn’t win 9 out of 10 times if he and Rankin swapped rosters?  I don’t. I’m not saying he’s just as good a coach (although I do think he’s a good coach), but any difference there would be more than outweighed by the difference in the rosters IMO, which is substantial.  On rare occasions DB has had the athletes to contend for a state title, but year in and year out they do not, IMO, and this year is not one of those rare occasions.  Hope we can win a couple in the playoffs tho.

I do not think Christian could win 3 out of 10 if rosters were swapped - if Rankin had 3 months to prep the DB boys.

The people who did the search for the new head coach flat out lied to everybody. They coronated their good ole boy. They all need to be run out of town because of their lies. 

I have never thought that Christian would meet muster. The last 2 games have started proving this is true IMO. He is no better than Clark was 10 years ago. A loser in playoffs. Couldn't get to final 4 with a "rare" team, before the big roadblock - Murryvul.

7 minutes ago, DBGRAD70 said:

I do not think Christian could win 3 out of 10 if rosters were swapped - if Rankin had 3 months to prep the DB boys.

The people who did the search for the new head coach flat out lied to everybody. They coronated their good ole boy. They all need to be run out of town because of their lies. 

I have never thought that Christian would meet muster. The last 2 games have started proving this is true IMO. He is no better than Clark was 10 years ago. A loser in playoffs. Couldn't get to final 4 with a "rare" team, before the big roadblock - Murryvul.

Lol. About what I expected. You might want to check the stats on Clark not making it to the “final four” also. He did it three times. 

50 minutes ago, Tribal said:

Do any of you claiming it’s all coaching think Christian wouldn’t win 9 out of 10 times if he and Rankin swapped rosters?  I don’t. I’m not saying he’s just as good a coach (although I do think he’s a good coach), but any difference there would be more than outweighed by the difference in the rosters IMO, which is substantial.  On rare occasions DB has had the athletes to contend for a state title, but year in and year out they do not, IMO, and this year is not one of those rare occasions.  Hope we can win a couple in the playoffs tho.

I don't speak for everybody but when I say it's all coaching I'm not saying that as a knock against Christian. There's a lot more pieces to the puzzle than the head coach. When I say it's all coaching I'm talking about from the ground up. From the little leagues to middle school, to the freshman and then to varsity. In Kingsport we are very weak on coaching in the lower leagues. You'll never compete with the Maryville's and Alcoa's until they fix that. Heck we can't even beat a average Science Hill team. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, WaCoJaCo said:

I don't speak for everybody but when I say it's all coaching I'm not saying that as a knock against Christian. There's a lot more pieces to the puzzle than the head coach. When I say it's all coaching I'm talking about from the ground up. From the little leagues to middle school, to the freshman and then to varsity. In Kingsport we are very weak on coaching in the lower leagues. You'll never compete with the Maryville's and Alcoa's until they fix that. Heck we can't even beat a average Science Hill team. 

our middle school coaching is literally just 1 or 2 teachers who feel like coaching, no real teaching is being done, its just give the ball to your best athlete and see who wins, as someone who grew up in kingsport i can tell you that 80% of the freshman team has only played for 1-2 years in middle school and have to be taught the basics of even how to line up, let alone the proper technique of how to play your position

1 hour ago, Tribal said:

Bearden held up its end of the bargain so guess we’ll see what DB can do. SH may have DB’s number but they’re choke city when it comes to closing out a title against a team with a losing record. 

Lol!  Same thing happened last year. Couldn't of happened to a more deserving bunch. But all things considered this lop sided loss by SH tonight makes DB look even worse. Embarrassing. 

I get what you guys are saying about the issues with the feeder schools. It’s important, and can make a big difference. That is the foundation of nearly flawless execution, and I’ve watched several Maryville and Alcoa teams win over the years where the athletes didn’t jump out at you but the execution did. This Alcoa team was not one of them though. The difference in the athletes was obvious also. 

7 hours ago, DBGRAD70 said:

I wouldn't know. I don't do facebook 'cause those kind of comments are what I would do. Plus I despise what facebook is. 

Thanks for that link to youralls broadcast Thursday Night. I enjoyed the whole broadcast and didn't have  to watch Packer Vision. I enjoy announcers that know about football and who their playing. Those guys do their homework.

18 hours ago, Indian2424 said:

our middle school coaching is literally just 1 or 2 teachers who feel like coaching, no real teaching is being done, its just give the ball to your best athlete and see who wins, as someone who grew up in kingsport i can tell you that 80% of the freshman team has only played for 1-2 years in middle school and have to be taught the basics of even how to line up, let alone the proper technique of how to play your position

It’s been my experience over the years that 90% of middle school programs are ran this way. The 10% are the ones that win state championships.