Week 11 -- Alcoa at D-B (Rivalry Thursday)

TribalEmpire

12 hours ago, MLREB said:

Lol......you serious Clark? You should do some research before embarrassing yourself on a public forum. Show us your body of work before posting complete BS. 

So, I guess you are telling me that EVERY Alcoa and Maryville player is from inside the city limit of their respective cities? I dare you to answer, “YES”.

Again, I don’t have a problem with it. But, call it what it is. 

Edited by rolltriberoll

6 minutes ago, rolltriberoll said:

Elizabethton recently won a state championship. Remind us where this QB transferred from? I’ll help help with the answer: he transferred from DB. Greenville had lots of talent.  

DB has some talent, but are we athletic? Do you see a Swafford, Gaines, Foreman, Graves, Hayes, Sensabaugh, etc. in the WR or DB rotation? Science Hill was certainly more athletic. Cleveland was, as well. We have a collection of possession WRs, and our DBs that are consistently getting beat. Again, JIMMYS AND JOES! 

Do you seriously think DB is athletic?

I’m not saying that coaching isn’t important, but every team everywhere that wins a championship was/is talented. If it was about coaching, Coach K would win every year. Seriously, how many teams have better players than Nick Saban? His formula is to have better players. 

I'm not going to get into a back and forth with you, frankly because you're stupid. But I'll go ahead and shoot this one down. The 2012 DB team was loaded with athlete's. Probably had the most athletic team in the state that year. But still got it handed to them at Maryville. A team that was obviously better coached. Big deal that Elizabethton got a transfer. Players transfer everywhere for all sorts of reasons. I don't see them winning a state championship because of one transfer from DB. Greeneville has lots of talent? Yeah, Ballard had nothing to do with those state championships. He developed the talent. DB has as many athletes as Maryville this year. Lets see how that turns out. And Nick Saban is probably the best coach in college football. He wouldn't get the talent he does if he wasn't. Again it all comes down to coaching. You do know they recruit, right? Our DB's have been consistently getting beat for over 20 years. You tellin' me that all these years and all the fine players that have come through DB, QB's, RB's, linemen, linebackers, receivers, and yet we've never had a player that knew how to cover a receiver. There's not a player on this years team that can cover a receiver. Not one. They don't know how. Haven't been coached.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, WaCoJaCo said:

I'm not going to get into a back and forth with you, frankly because you're stupid. But I'll go ahead and shoot this one down. The 2012 DB team was loaded with athlete's. Probably had the most athletic team in the state that year. But still got it handed to them at Maryville. A team that was obviously better coached. Big deal that Elizabethton got a transfer. Players transfer everywhere for all sorts of reasons. I don't see them winning a state championship because of one transfer from DB. Greeneville has lots of talent? Yeah, Ballard had nothing to do with those state championships. He developed the talent. DB has as many athletes as Maryville this year. Lets see how that turns out. And Nick Saban is probably the best coach in college football. He wouldn't get the talent he does if he wasn't. Again it all comes down to coaching. You do know they recruit, right? Our DB's have been consistently getting beat for over 20 years. You tellin' me that all these years and all the fine players that have come through DB, QB's, RB's, linemen, linebackers, receivers, and yet we've never had a player that knew how to cover a receiver. There's not a player on this years team that can cover a receiver. Not one. They don't know how. Haven't been coached.

Everything Waco just typed is 100 percent correct

11 hours ago, rolltriberoll said:

So, I guess you are telling me that EVERY Alcoa and Maryville player is from inside the city limit of their respective cities? I dare you to answer, “YES”.

Again, I don’t have a problem with it. But, call it what it is. 

Not at all.....but the way you are saying it most of their rosters are dominated by players that are from somewhere else. I can only speak on Maryville for certain  and can assure you there are not many of the those kids you are addressing. Move ins are not uncommon as the area is in a major growth mode, though. 

2 hours ago, MLREB said:

Not at all.....but the way you are saying it most of their rosters are dominated by players that are from somewhere else. I can only speak on Maryville for certain  and can assure you there are not many of the those kids you are addressing. Move ins are not uncommon as the area is in a major growth mode, though. 

In a nut shell what he's saying is the only reason Maryville and Alcoa is so good is because they "recruit". And like all these other squids he has no evidence. Here's one thing I can guarantee you. Switch the DB and Maryville coaching staffs and in three years you would have DB winning state championships and Maryville going out in the first round. Everybody knows that's true. Up here they like to mask their inability to coach on lack of talent. I know of three times they've taken teams that should of laid waste to everybody in the playoffs, but lost all three times in the semi's. Can't blame the 2012 loss to Maryville on talent. Our coaching staff got smoked. DB was a good three touchdowns better than Science Hill this year but lost by 10 points. And it could of been worse. Anybody with half a brain that watched that game knows it was a complete breakdown of coaching. I actually think the players could of won that game on their own if the coaching staff would of just stayed off the field. 

On 11/7/2020 at 7:45 AM, MLREB said:

Lol......you serious Clark? You should do some research before embarrassing yourself on a public forum. Show us your body of work before posting complete BS. 

That was actually what I was thinking too !! It's hilarious that Waco was so in Clark's head that he mentioned him in that Interview . I can't imagine Coach Quarles or Coach Hunt worrying about what some of us Old Fart Has beens are saying on a Talk Board !! LOL ... HILARIOUS ! . I must say that Waco and Batman have proven themselves over and over to be the most Knowledgeable DB Fans on here for years ! Waco is exactly right on a lot of things such as DB Having enough Talent to win . I still think they were the most talented team we played in 2012 ... their 2 main stars ended up playing at TN !! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pepvol said:

That was actually what I was thinking too !! It's hilarious that Waco was so in Clark's head that he mentioned him in that Interview . I can't imagine Coach Quarles or Coach Hunt worrying about what some of us Old Fart Has beens are saying on a Talk Board !! LOL ... HILARIOUS ! . I must say that Waco and Batman have proven themselves over and over to be the most Knowledgeable DB Fans on here for years ! Waco is exactly right on a lot of things such as DB Having enough Talent to win . I still think they were the most talented team we played in 2012 ... their 2 main stars ended up playing at TN !! 

That was Swafford and Foreman. Odd enough they both were recruited as defensive backs. But they were two of those guys that just had "it".  If a receiver got 10 yards past Foreman on a pass route he'd still run him down before the ball got there. And Swafford had a nose for the football. I'll never forget his first start against Florida. I was just hoping he didn't screw up to bad. He intercepted the very first pass and took it back for 6. Got another Int. against Georgia but his career was cut short with a neck injury. 

10 minutes ago, WaCoJaCo said:

That was Swafford and Foreman. Odd enough they both were recruited as defensive backs. But they were two of those guys that just had "it".  If a receiver got 10 yards past Foreman on a pass route he'd still run him down before the ball got there. And Swafford had a nose for the football. I'll never forget his first start against Florida. I was just hoping he didn't screw up to bad. He intercepted the very first pass and took it back for 6. Got another Int. against Georgia but his career was cut short with a neck injury. 

DB's QB was hurt before that Maryville game so Foreman had to QB ... Maryville had a brilliant plan to where the line really wasn't rushing , they were all just moving from side to side to try and Contain Foreman and not let him get into the open field ... if he had been a receiver with a QB who could get him the ball in open spaces we would have been in big trouble ... and Swafford was nearly as good as Foreman . Devrin Young was one of the Most exciting , explosive players I've ever seen in high school and I think Foreman was probably even better . I know it wasn't just our Coaches that beat DB that night , our defense that night played their hearts out and we suffered key injuries also during that game , but between the Coaches coming up with a brilliant plan and our Boys executing at an incredible level , we were able to overcome the incredible talent level DB had that year . Maryville had even more key injuries after the DB game in A game for the ages with Siegel High school , which led to an incredible game by Mark Dodson for Whitehaven . All that said , I've always felt like that DB game was a perfect example of how superior Coaching and kids who are all bought in , can overcome nearly anything . 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, pepvol said:

Just don't put me in a spelling contest .. 

4 hours ago, pepvol said:

+10

37 minutes ago, STARSNBARS said:

Eye cain simpy-thighs wif thait Caiped Crewsaidur....:blush:

Actually Stars you have to be twice as good at spelling to write in old fashioned Tennessee English the way you do.I can only speak that way. We were on the Big Island one year ( not  duck island in Kingsport ) and a kid was with his grandparents outside a grocery store raising money for his scout troop.I gave them a few dollars and as I walked off,I heard the old man say, ( Now,that's Southern ).

• Upvote 1