1A Playoff Picture in the West

fullbackdive

9 hours ago, mrbigster said:

I'm anxious to how Greenfield does against West Caroll.West Carrol scares me in the 2nd round .As for scores against Dresden,South Fulton.Lake Co had touchdowns called back and penalty after penalty.And I'm sure Dresden is a better team now.Think they will beat Grrenfield in their playoff game.Wouldnt surprise me to see Dresden vs.West Carroll.Who knows? LC had big plays against West Carroll.Different officiating could have thrown flags for holding,clipping on same plays LC scored on.I cringe every time LC runs or passes over 40 yards.If officials keep flags in their pockets unless just obvious,I like Lake Co chances.

Your right Dresden is  better team now than at the beginning of the season just like West Carroll and Greenfield. Let’s not act like every team in the region is better except for greenfield. All the teams learn a lot about themselves though out the year and this is when it matters most who is playing there best and it’s hard to argue against Any of the top 3 in Greenfield, Lake County and WC. Would not surprise me if any of these 3 teams made it out of the west this year. 

3 hours ago, Voljackets said:

Your right Dresden is  better team now than at the beginning of the season just like West Carroll and Greenfield. Let’s not act like every team in the region is better except for greenfield. All the teams learn a lot about themselves though out the year and this is when it matters most who is playing there best and it’s hard to argue against Any of the top 3 in Greenfield, Lake County and WC. Would not surprise me if any of these 3 teams made it out of the west this year. 

I never said any teams are better than Greenfield.I m anxious to see how they do with West Carroll.Greenfield may have their way with West Carroll.I said it could easily be West Carroll and Dresden beating both our teams and teams are so close.Im anxious to see this game with West Carroll.

6 hours ago, Voljackets said:

Hating on Dresden??? Any of these three teams? I say any of these four teams. I do believe that West Carroll & Lake County are the two best teams in the region but it's by a very thin margin. Anyone can win in the next two - three weeks. 

1 hour ago, ysoangry said:

Hating on Dresden??? Any of these three teams? I say any of these four teams. I do believe that West Carroll & Lake County are the two best teams in the region but it's by a very thin margin. Anyone can win in the next two - three weeks. 

You are correct, my bad for leaving Dresden out of the conversation. 

4 hours ago, mrbigster said:

I never said any teams are better than Greenfield.I m anxious to see how they do with West Carroll.Greenfield may have their way with West Carroll.I said it could easily be West Carroll and Dresden beating both our teams and teams are so close.Im anxious to see this game with West Carroll.

I don’t believe Greenfield is going to have there way with anyone of the 3 of their teams form the region. I think they all 4 are pretty close and the all the teams will need to play good mistake free football to win. The team with the less mistakes in any of those matchups will be hard to beat. I do think a team from this region will come out of the west. Huntingdon is gonna do what Huntingdon does in playoffs and that’s choke for whatever reason. They are a good team most years and a tough out but for some reason rather it’s coaching or something else they don’t seem to be able to get the monkey off there back. 

19 minutes ago, Voljackets said:

I don’t believe Greenfield is going to have there way with anyone of the 3 of their teams form the region. I think they all 4 are pretty close and the all the teams will need to play good mistake free football to win. The team with the less mistakes in any of those matchups will be hard to beat. I do think a team from this region will come out of the west. Huntingdon is gonna do what Huntingdon does in playoffs and that’s choke for whatever reason. They are a good team most years and a tough out but for some reason rather it’s coaching or something else they don’t seem to be able to get the monkey off there back. 

Getting beat by great teams like Lake Co and Cornersville ain't choking. It's tough going once you get deep in the play-offs. You don't know cause you've never been there!

• Upvote 1

I believe Huntingdon will represent the West this year.  I have nothing really to base that on other than it's been a crazy azz year and Huntingdon has had teams the past few years to come close but no cigar.   It just goes to say the old adage still rings true: you don't have to be as good as last year or years past, only better than the competition you face. 

Huntingdon going to 2A the next couple years, this could be their rallying cry.  

23 minutes ago, Croppygenius said:

Getting beat by great teams like Lake Co and Cornersville ain't choking. It's tough going once you get deep in the play-offs. You don't know cause you've never been there!

Agree to a point. 2017 you should have beat us though. You had more speed and much better athletes. We was gritty but didn’t have the caliber of players y’all had. 2018 was two evenly matched teams. Both games was great to watch though for a spectator.