Prayers for Meigs County

Rhea Co.

Times of tragedy and loss are frightening and difficult. I pray the Lord touches the victims, their families, the rescue and medical workers, and their community and allows them to have comfort and to strengthen their faith. Just know your brothers in Christ are praying for and mourning with you in this tragic time. 

Psalms 34:18

The Lord is near to those who have a broken heart,
And saves such as have a contrite spirit.

Romans 8:28

And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose.

John 14:24

Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.

1 Thessalonians 4:13-18

But I do not want you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning those who have fallen asleep, lest you sorrow as others who have no hope. For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so God will bring with Him those who sleep in Jesus.

For this we say to you by the word of the Lord, that we who are alive and remain until the coming of the Lord will by no means precede those who are asleep. For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of an archangel, and with the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first. Then we who are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And thus we shall always be with the Lord. Therefore comfort one another with these words.

Edited by crow
  • Like 6

2 minutes ago, crow said:

Times of tragedy and loss are frightening and difficult. I pray the Lord touches the victims, their families, the rescue and medical workers, and their community and allows them to have comfort and to strengthen their faith. Just know your brothers in Christ are praying for and mourning with you in this tragic time. 

And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose.

Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.

But I do not want you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning those who have fallen asleep, lest you sorrow as others who have no hope. 14 For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so God will bring with Him those who sleep in Jesus.

For this we say to you by the word of the Lord, that we who are alive and remain until the coming of the Lord will by no means precede those who are asleep. For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of an archangel, and with the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first. Then we who are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And thus we shall always be with the Lord. Therefore comfort one another with these words.

GREAT post, 

4 minutes ago, crow said:

But I do not want you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning those who have fallen asleep, lest you sorrow as others who have no hope. For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so God will bring with Him those who sleep in Jesus.

Great words Crow! God is our Healer!

1 minute ago, pujo said:

GREAT post, 

Time to set aside football for a bit and get in our bibles and do some old school praying. Got some folks hurting bad right now, need to pray ‘em up. I got some sure enough prayer warriors as I’m sure you do as well. Time to make a few calls and get them to work. 

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1