Humboldt coach

42 minutes ago, WarEagleCartman said:

I'm just surprised. Humboldt had their best season in a few years

If you're a young football coach, that wants to be a head coach, I think Humboldt is a great place to go. In addition, I think it gives Humboldt an opportunity to hit the reset button knowing they have some momentum heading into 2021. Saying that, and despite being in the middle of two lawsuits (and I believe they have lost one of the two), Humboldt administration needs to invest in the program. The Humboldt administration staff has to ask them this question: "either put money into the program, or get rid of it." Look, I don't care what happened to Humboldt in the past, that happened. But I do care about what happens to Humboldt in the future. They basically need a new stadium, badly!! I cannot imagine what the restrooms are like. They desperately need a new concussion stand immediately. Also, their field house need some massive renovations and needs to be pressured washed, too. It's an interesting job, if the Humboldt administration staff does their due diligence. But they just got to give their new coach a fighting chance.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WarEagleCartman said:

I'm just surprised. Humboldt had their best season in a few years

It could be argued that Humboldt was the 2nd best team in 1A behind Union City in 2013.  They gave the Tornadoes all they could handle in the regular season & the playoffs. 

Union City then went on to best the Pirates for the title.

Just fell off the map pretty much after that. 

32 minutes ago, TryNotToSuck said:

If you're a young football coach, that wants to be a head coach, I think Humboldt is a great place to go. In addition, I think it gives Humboldt an opportunity to hit the reset button knowing they have some momentum heading into 2021. Saying that, and despite being in the middle of two lawsuits (and I believe they have lost one of the two), Humboldt administration needs to invest in the program. The Humboldt administration staff has to ask them this question: "either put money into the program, or get rid of it." Look, I don't care what happened to Humboldt in the past, that happened. But I do care about what happens to Humboldt in the future. They basically need a new stadium, badly!! I cannot imagine what the restrooms are like. They desperately need a new concussion stand immediately. Also, their field house need some massive renovations and needs to be pressured washed, too. It's an interesting job, if the Humboldt administration staff does their due diligence. But they just got to give their new coach a fighting chance.

I agree on basically everything you said. The best fit for this program would be a young coach looking to make a name for himself. And he could. They have loads of talent walking the halls and even on the field. They need the right guy to come in and make football a priority again. 

12 minutes ago, Southtowner said:

It could be argued that Humboldt was the 2nd best team in 1A behind Union City in 2013.  They gave the Tornadoes all they could handle in the regular season & the playoffs. 

Union City then went on to best the Pirates for the title.

Just fell off the map pretty much after that. 

It'll happen after you fire a hall of fame coach for seemingly no reason. The structure seemed to fall apart. I think Reid was HC in 2013 but you know what I mean. 

18 minutes ago, WarEagleCartman said:

It'll happen after you fire a hall of fame coach for seemingly no reason. The structure seemed to fall apart. I think Reid was HC in 2013 but you know what I mean. 

I think Ballard did an okay job there giving what he had to work with 

It all went down hill like you said when they fired Dan Bland, he was fired because “he didn’t play my son” reason. I hope they get back to where they were, but they will have to hit a home run with this next coach to build it up again

9 hours ago, WarEagleCartman said:

I agree on basically everything you said. The best fit for this program would be a young coach looking to make a name for himself. And he could. They have loads of talent walking the halls and even on the field. They need the right guy to come in and make football a priority again. 

The right guy could come in and it still wouldn’t matter. The school board and administration is a mess. The football team can’t succeed without the house being cleared. 

8 hours ago, Tide21 said:

The right guy could come in and it still wouldn’t matter. The school board and administration is a mess. The football team can’t succeed without the house being cleared. 

Depends how you measure success in this case. I'm not going to disagree for a second there's a load of mess to clean in Humboldt. But a good coach and getting your athletes out to play can fix a lot. Right now the goal isn't too hoist a gold ball but to play past Halloween. Imo that can easily happen if the right coach is put in place.