Class 6A Playoffs Sweet 16 -- McMinn County at D-B

TribalEmpire

5 minutes ago, formerblazer said:

Every school protocol from the state department of education and the state health department has a 10 day isolation if you are positive and contact tracing and a 14 day quarantine for everyone within 6 feet for 15 minutes in a 24 hour period who was around that person.  That's the rule that should have been followed in McMinn.  Biggest question I have was 1.  If the positive was on Tuesday why was no one informed 2.  Why was there no  quarantining from a health department or school district on Wednesday.  I've been part of this process this year and it happens really fast when schools are involved.  It just seems really bad that a school had this information and didn't act on it.  

How do you know they didn't? They didn't go to school Wednesday through today. Bo didn't let him practice or play. That's procedure. Right?

7 minutes ago, gecko said:

How do you know they didn't? They didn't go to school Wednesday through today. Bo didn't let him practice or play. That's procedure. Right?

Only guess I have is because DB wasn’t notified.  Go back to Wednesday, call DB, say this is what happened we did the tracing xyz is good to go, game is on 100%,  now if DB doesn’t want to play it’s all on DB.  The way it looks right now is the news came out of no where.  I guess I’ve seen too many stories where either full teams were out or stories of 3-5 players being put in quarantine but the game is still on.  Still I want to read the full story, I’ve made too much guessing tonight.  You may be right and there you go, but state dept of health said no to this game so idk where it goes until Monday like the rest of us.

15 minutes ago, formerblazer said:

Only guess I have is because DB wasn’t notified.  Go back to Wednesday, call DB, say this is what happened we did the tracing xyz is good to go, game is on 100%,  now if DB doesn’t want to play it’s all on DB.  The way it looks right now is the news came out of no where.  I guess I’ve seen too many stories where either full teams were out or stories of 3-5 players being put in quarantine but the game is still on.  Still I want to read the full story, I’ve made too much guessing tonight.  You may be right and there you go, but state dept of health said no to this game so idk where it goes until Monday like the rest of us.

Test everybody Saturday and play on Sunday. That's the only way this game gets played. Monday is to late to make a call on it. Hard to believe these people are this dumb. 

42 minutes ago, WaCoJaCo said:

Except, DB didn't cancel. There was a conference call between the Sullivan County Health Department, The State Health Board and the TSSAA. After the conference call the Sullivan County Health Department canceled the game. Of course I didn't set in on the call but I would imagine all agreed to cancel the game. I don't think you penalize DB for that. But either way it's a screwed up mess. I say test everybody again tomorrow and play the game Sunday. Easy enough.

Unfortunate situation for all involved.  No way to get 200 Covid test results back in 24 hrs.  Hate it for the kids.  T$$AA has a mess on their hands.  Ole Bernie C. is gonna have to work this weekend.  

2 hours ago, timcraw said:

Ive been looking forward to this game. Im with you. I hope we play it. At this point in time alot of us are just taking shots in the dark because nobody really knows whats going on. Im hoping for a decision asap

Elizabethton tonight played after having there starting running back test positive on Thursday he stayed home and they played 

17 minutes ago, numnuts said:

Elizabethton tonight played after having there starting running back test positive on Thursday he stayed home and they played 

I think in our situation if that kid would have stayed home this probably wouldn’t have been an issue. From what I have gathered and heard the kid in question met the team and ate pregame meal with them, and was on the field with them pregame. Ultimately exposing everyone. They were contesting the fact that he had COVID because he was asymptomatic 

What a mess!  Sounds like mackmen rolled the dice. It sux for those trying to do the right thing.
I’m certain murvil will ensure a decision will be made today. We got to know who to prepare for during Sunday’s practice. BTW, we don’t want no funk brought in with 2 weeks to go! I hope we can finish.

• CoachT locked this topic