Class 6A Playoffs Sweet 16 -- McMinn County at D-B

TribalEmpire

Sounds to me like McMinn followed protocol that has been given to them all year. Also sounds like to me DB was doing everything they could to get a Covid win. I don't blame them cause Jalen Hunt would have busted 300 on them and sent them packing even with two starters out (from neg test and contact tracing). So with that said I hope Maryville beats y'all like dogs and McMinn fans are there to support the Rebs

4 minutes ago, BrushCreek said:

Sounds to me like McMinn followed protocol that has been given to them all year. Also sounds like to me DB was doing everything they could to get a Covid win. I don't blame them cause Jalen Hunt would have busted 300 on them and sent them packing even with two starters out (from neg test and contact tracing). So with that said I hope Maryville beats y'all like dogs and McMinn fans are there to support the Rebs

Sounds to me like you need to get a clue.

5 minutes ago, BrushCreek said:

It has already been announced that the TN Dept of Health called and said that the game was not to be played because McMinn had a kid come back with a positive test. At no point did DB try to say they didn’t want to play this game. You all must be truly simple minded if you really think anyone within the Dobyns-Bennett Football program didn’t want to play this game last night. For gods sake the kid was at pregame meal with the team. It was the State Dept of Health who shut this thing down. Obviously McMinn did not follow the guidelines because if they did the State Health Dept wouldn’t have stepped in and said anything. 

17 minutes ago, BrushCreek said:

Stayyyyy off the weeeeeeeeeeeeed 

There’s no way this game gets played. Even if he tested on Tuesday he has to quarantine and has been around the team so they all have to. DB tried everything they could to have someone tell them it was ok to play the game. Didn’t happen. TSSAA will have no choice but to advance DB to the next round based on the State Health Dept ruling. I hate it for all involved because we all wanted to play this game. We were excited to see if we could shut down this running game. Time to get ready for the trip to Blount County and another visit to the “ skeeter”.  ROLL TRIBE!!!

11 minutes ago, dbFAN91 said:

There’s no way this game gets played. Even if he tested on Tuesday he has to quarantine and has been around the team so they all have to. DB tried everything they could to have someone tell them it was ok to play the game. Didn’t happen. TSSAA will have no choice but to advance DB to the next round based on the State Health Dept ruling. I hate it for all involved because we all wanted to play this game. We were excited to see if we could shut down this running game. Time to get ready for the trip to Blount County and another visit to the “ skeeter”.  ROLL TRIBE!!!

That would raise bigger questions with other programs if that is protocol.  Ex.  Elizabethton’s starting Rb didn’t play last because he was in quarantine.  If 10 days is the rule and you know he had to be around the team at some point since he is the starting RB then why didn’t the whole team have to quarantine? Betsy had three starting Oline not play against Boone earlier in the year because of quarantine but still played the week before we those same 3 starting online so it couldn’t be 10 days from Friday to Friday

Edited by Swipes

1 minute ago, Swipes said:

That would raise bigger questions with other programs if that is protocol.  Ex.  Elizabethton’s starting Rb didn’t play last because he was in quarantine.  If 10 days is the rule and you know he had to be around the team at some point since he is the starting RB then why didn’t the whole team have to quarantine? Betsy had three starting Oline not play against Boone earlier in the year because of quarantine but still played the game when those 3 linemen played the week before which couldn’t be 10 days from Friday to Friday

Great post!    And I just posted on another thread how that all entities seem to vaguely follow some "general guidelines" but then make up their own rules as they go along, nothing seems to be totally consistent across the board.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, DBKPT93 said:

It has already been announced that the TN Dept of Health called and said that the game was not to be played because McMinn had a kid come back with a positive test. At no point did DB try to say they didn’t want to play this game. You all must be truly simple minded if you really think anyone within the Dobyns-Bennett Football program didn’t want to play this game last night. For gods sake the kid was at pregame meal with the team. It was the State Dept of Health who shut this thing down. Obviously McMinn did not follow the guidelines because if they did the State Health Dept wouldn’t have stepped in and said anything. 

Sullivan county has its own health department. It really doesn't go by what the Tennessee department of health says. We are one of six counties that have its own health department. I wonder how that weighs into this?

21 minutes ago, elhosel said:

The entire school (McMinn Co) was shut down Thursday and Friday by the County School Board for COVID..... how in hades should they have been allowed to play anyway.... if a school is out for weather, they don't play. TSSAA should make a decision no later than tomorrow. 

Mcminn was in virtual on Friday, the same as Alcoa was when they played DB a couple weeks ago.  

• CoachT locked this topic