West Tennessee Semifinal: Lexington at Haywood

stacmot

5 minutes ago, TheGreek said:

Oh come on guys. If you can dish it out you can take it. Someone said we would lose by 3 touchdowns I simply replied with would you guys lose by 4? Seeing that we just beat the team you guys just lost to for the second time this season. No reason to be salty. If I was trying to rile you up you would be.

What’s Springfield’s record against Lexington the last four years? I’ll help you out, it’s 2-0. I’m not salty and I doubt you saw our game with Hardin last week or have saw any of our games this year. Had you seen us play and then saw last week’s game you would know why we feel how we feel. I wouldn’t go bragging too much about tonight’s win seeing as how there was a blatant no call on the two point conversion that probably cost Hardin the win. Congrats on your trip to the semis. Enjoy the ride. 

Lets just let it be and not turn this thread into something it’s not. 

Edited by JacketLover

Let me insult you by saying we have beaten you the past two times we played and in the same breath ask you not to say anything smart back as to not make a seen. Yea that makes sense. Not salty? You are in a Haywood vs Lexington thread dreaming about what could have been and talking smack to a Lexington fan. Either way you will be watching from the couch next week. Like I said if you can dish it you better to be able to take it. Lets just let it be and not turn this into something it ain’t. See how that works? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tomcatfan2011 said:

Hmmm you’ve picked against the tomcats every round. Interesting 

It's the penalties. It's bound to catch up with them. It's certainly not a commentary on their talent. The boys are good.

Also, I don't recall actually picking Ripley over Haywood. (Maybe I did, I say a lot of crap) I just knew it would be a better game than most expected. Good things are happening down there. I can tell by the community support I see building while in town.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, BLACKFRIDAY said:

It's the penalties. It's bound to catch up with them. It's certainly not a commentary on their talent. The boys are good.

Also, I don't recall actually picking Ripley over Haywood. (Maybe I did, I say a lot of crap) I just knew it would be a better game than most expected. Good things are happening down there. I can tell by the community support I see building while in town.

Funny thing is at the end of all the games we’ve been the least penalized which is shocking 

2 hours ago, stacmot said:

They did play tough.  They weren't out of it until late in the 4th.  Haywood had two unsportsmanlike conduct penalties for jawing.  When will they learn?  Good luck to Milan this week.

Great post.

Coach Smith is going to have to get his boy's heads right.... SGC benefitted from a few silly flags when we played the Tomcats. 

This is going to be classic! I promise! Tiger's IMO are a slightly better team, Cats have home field advantage. Could go either way. 

1 hour ago, ManOfMillions said:

Smart football coach. I would have done the exact same thing. When you are playing someone better than you, play keep away. Do not let them have the ball 1 moment longer than the rules allow. 

McKenzie did that for the first half and had it right where they wanted it. Second half they came out guns a blazing throwing and you can’t fault them. Their formula tonight is how you win games as a underdog 

3 hours ago, TheGreek said:

Oh come on guys. If you can dish it out you can take it. Someone said we would lose by 3 touchdowns I simply replied with would you guys lose by 4? Seeing that we just beat the team you guys just lost to for the second time this season. No reason to be salty. If I was trying to rile you up you would be.

No one is riled up though...