6A Championship Oakland vs. Brentwood

MidTennFootball

18 minutes ago, Sidelinehustler said:

They ain’t doing it as good though :D

We don't do it at all so there's no comparison. Fact - college coaches told JJ he would get the same "pub" at Oakland as he would at BA. So why pay the money to go to BA when he can go public for free? I get it and no one should really say too much negative about it if he lives in the zone (and I'm a Maryville homer).

The issue with the tweet from the AD (or whoever he was) while not a good look isn't worth making him ineligible. From what I know from both sides (BA & Oakland) this was the move to make for him. Does it sting a little bit because we'll see him again next year (yes), but this stuff happens all the time in the Nashville/Boro area and as Maryville guy we just have to live with it.

This Oakland team is the best Tennessee high school football team I have seen in a very long time. Not many weaknesses, ton of speed and athletes everywhere. No wonder they have beat up on weak Tennessee high school football teams this year. You guys are impressive, the unfortunate thing is our university in Knoxville probably won't get your best players because we are so sorry this year.

On 12/3/2020 at 3:36 PM, Blaze45 said:

Oh gosh.......my side.... that's too funny ... (in2002)... subsequently the last time Brentwood made an appearance in the finals...

Brentwood = Lexus.

L et

E veryone

X  it 

U nder

S tadium 

(at halftime )

Lexus = Brentwood !

On 12/3/2020 at 2:11 PM, TeeterTot2 said:

Found

On 

Road 

Dead

FORD!

Was that the sound of the air leaving the sails as those LEXUS' start up????????

7 minutes ago, Redskin15 said:

This Oakland team is the best Tennessee high school football team I have seen in a very long time. Not many weaknesses, ton of speed and athletes everywhere. No wonder they have beat up on weak Tennessee high school football teams this year. You guys are impressive, the unfortunate thing is our university in Knoxville probably won't get your best players because we are so sorry this year.

They're definitely good, but not unbeatable. I know of 2 teams that COULD beat them if Oakland was on the road. Beating them at their house or a neutral site though, that would be tough....

Having seen both Alcoa and Oakland, I could see that IFL game being a nail biter. The only reason I'd pick Alcoa in that one is because they finally found a QB that could make Oakland pay. Oakland wouldn't run all over Alcoa either and that hybrid Wing T plays right into Alcoa's strength. 

Edited by JSamson7
  • Like 2