6A Championship Oakland vs. Brentwood

MidTennFootball

1 hour ago, JSamson7 said:

Oakland's strength plays right into Alcoa's so they're not putting up more than 20 on Alcoa's D. At the risk of beating a dead horse, Alcoa with Buckles on a neutral field can beat any team no matter what classification. 

Alcoa is very talented, however, they do not have the depth of good 6A teams.  Oakland would pull away in the second half.

3 hours ago, JSamson7 said:

If Buckles is playing and Rankin ain't calling plays, then yes Alcoa could very well beat this Oakland team.

You need to stick with your 3A schedule hoss.  You guys have only beaten Maryville three times since Rankin arrived.  I think that makes you 3-12 against Maryville, and you think you could be Oakland? You have a good first team but your depth would get you in the end.  You may want to stick with something that have knowledge about, say like tiddlywinks.

When your program is nearly 50 years old, it's not everyday you accomplish that hasn't been done yet. This football team and it's coaches achieved an undefeated season in the midst of the worst public health crisis this country has seen in over a century. Along the way, they left no doubt who was the best team in 6A, making exponential strides in the playoffs. As an alum, I couldn't be prouder of the first class manner this program continues to represent Oakland. The entire community is in debt to this amazing senior class, 55-3 record with 2 State Championships

It was a nice touch letting Victor Stephenson participate in the coin toss and the receiving of the trophy. There wasn't one player who meant more to Oakland in all phases the last 2 years than Victor. I wish Oakland had a team full of kids like him

Big tip of the hat to Brentwood. They made mistakes, but they never quit. Fans of the Bruins should also be proud of the way they represent the community. 

The road to a repeat starts soon, but for now, bask in your achievements boys, you earned it. GO PATS!

IMG_20201206_000835.jpg

IMG_20201206_001255.jpg

Edited by MidTennFootball
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, MidTennFootball said:

When your program is nearly 50 years old, it's not everyday you accomplish that hasn't been done yet. This football team and it's coaches achieved an undefeated season in the midst of the worst public health crisis this country has seen in over a century. Along the way, they left no doubt who was the best team in 6A, making exponential strides in the playoffs. As an alum, I couldn't be prouder of the first class manner this program continues to represent Oakland. The entire community is in debt to this amazing senior class, 55-3 record with 2 State Championships

It was a nice touch letting Victor Stephenson participate in the coin toss and the receiving of the trophy. There wasn't one player who meant more to Oakland in all phases the last 2 years than Victor. I wish Oakland had a team full of kids like him

Big tip of the hat to Brentwood. They made mistakes, but they never quit. Fans of the Bruins should also be proud of the way they represent the community. 

The road to a repeat starts soon, but for now, bask in your achievements boys, you earned it. GO PATS!

IMG_20201206_000835.jpg

IMG_20201206_001255.jpg

Congrats on an Undefeated , Dominating Season ! Hope we get to play again next year !

11 hours ago, JSamson7 said:

They're definitely good, but not unbeatable. I know of 2 teams that COULD beat them if Oakland was on the road. Beating them at their house or a neutral site though, that would be tough....

Having seen both Alcoa and Oakland, I could see that IFL game being a nail biter. The only reason I'd pick Alcoa in that one is because they finally found a QB that could make Oakland pay. Oakland wouldn't run all over Alcoa either and that hybrid Wing T plays right into Alcoa's strength. 

You're absolutely right. It's about matchups. 

QB play and great oline play came on strong at the end of the season to help the Alcoa Offense. The Defense played great all season.

BTW......Alcoa's #99 personal foul in the Milan game....after him having huge game.....he just let the players that he just went up and caught the ball in triple coverage against know by leaning in real close.....and telling them Alabama Sucks!  :roflolk: (Milan's Mr football) But, using different words! Ha! :lol:Well worth the 15 yards!!!:thumb:

7 hours ago, TomLHS said:

You need to stick with your 3A schedule hoss.  You guys have only beaten Maryville three times since Rankin arrived.  I think that makes you 3-12 against Maryville, and you think you could be Oakland? You have a good first team but your depth would get you in the end.  You may want to stick with something that have knowledge about, say like tiddlywinks.

I'm a Maryville guy genius.