Trenton Peabody 2021

PeabodyPride

12 minutes ago, Igotthis said:

We got Milan, Westview, Dyresburg, Lake County, Huntington, South Side.

I know that. Huntingdon has Milan, Westview, Mckenzie, Peabody, Union City, Riverside, South Side. I’m not sure what Gibson Co has this year but I’m sure they will fight as much as Greenfield or Humboldt. So you stating that Peabody has the toughest schedule in 1a or 2a is simply not true.

Edited by Waker

19 hours ago, Bellsburg2 said:

A few thoughts on the conversation…

1. You could count on one hand the number of kids in TNHSFB that could “dominate” USJ’s #50 and none of them live in Gibson County, injured or not.

2. There is lots of talk about the O line struggles for the tide, but take some solace in the fact that USJ returns a very seasoned front 7 with 3 all-state players. You guys might not see that again this year.

3. I hate to disappoint the “private schools recruiting” gurus, but the majority of these seniors played together on the USJ 5th grade team years ago. In fact, I would wager that we have a higher percentage of 8 year players than the Tide system.

Okay man  I tend to agree with this whole post.  Number 50 will whip anyone in this state. But you can't tell most of us about some form of recruiting.  I do respect USJs  program

35 minutes ago, Bellsburg2 said:

Have you guys thought about trying out the double wing offense? A few of your starters, including the QB, ran it when they played for Medina Middle. I realize people end up different places for different reasons, but you can take that “these kids were all born and raised in Trenton” fairy tale elsewhere and see if anyone buys it.

Trenton has another very good team and an outstanding program. Iron out a few wrinkles and you could be lifting yet another Gold Ball in a few months. But excuses and passive-aggressive insults of a team that allowed you 36 total yards of offense in 2 quarters won’t get you any closer to that goal.

USJ is d2 for all the right reasons.  Enough said.  We did not bash USJ 2 years when we put up 5 or 6 tds to 0.  It's a scrimmage.  It would not surprise me if Peabody could win in regular season. USJ RAPED A player right in fry of ref, no call.  We picked up about 17 yards on a run that was called back for holding that never took place. Who knows what happens on that drive.  You guys beat us in 2 quarters.   Y'all were better that day. Yes and I have complained about refs ager a win.  Just like USJ did after ya'll beat McKenzie.  I pulled for USJ last year and I will this year only when they are playing privates.

33 minutes ago, USJalum88 said:

I will give you $100 if you can name one player on USJ team that played in the first half that has not been at USJ at least 3 years.

Not special teams. And not a coaches son who this is his second year

I have spoken to parents on the past who said their kid was recruited out of a local middle school not zoned for USJ.  RAISE that number to 500 and leave out 1st half

33 minutes ago, Igotthis said:

I have spoken to parents on the past who said their kid was recruited out of a local middle school not zoned for USJ.  RAISE that number to 500 and leave out 1st half

It is almost badge of honor for some public (especially Medina) parents to tell others they got recruited by a private school.  What would be a good thread would be how great  USJ would be if they had not lost some kids for various reasons.  Imagine us with Anthony Brown and others. 

Why would I leave out the first half??? You are concerned what JV players we have?You are the one implying that we had all”these new guys”.   

It was a just a scrimmage.  Relax 

what I would be concerned about is how you lost to Fayette Academy in 7 on 7 and not winning a game.

Edited by USJalum88

1 hour ago, USJalum88 said:

I do not think you understand why a private school is D1 or 

1 hour ago, Bellsburg2 said:

Have you guys thought about trying out the double wing offense? A few of your starters, including the QB, ran it when they played for Medina Middle. I realize people end up different places for different reasons, but you can take that “these kids were all born and raised in Trenton” fairy tale elsewhere and see if anyone buys it.

Trenton has another very good team and an outstanding program. Iron out a few wrinkles and you could be lifting yet another Gold Ball in a few months. But excuses and passive-aggressive insults of a team that allowed you 36 total yards of offense in 2 quarters won’t get you any closer to that goal.

I said transfers. His dad is a coach and what other starters came from medina enlighten me.  Kids can not attend Trenton school and live in crockett county madison county or any other surrounding county.  You can live anywhere in west Tennessee and attend usj. 

I won’t be passive. I can’t stand any private school especially usj. I can afford to send my kids to private school and I still wont do it. 

USJ I have had a lot of respect for throughout the years. From what I was told from Peabody alumni they got beat and the effort was weak in some areas. I taught one in my household to out prepare and work hard and to always be humble because you can get beat any game. Sounds like Peabody needs to quit making excuses about recruiting and admit they got humbled a bit which is needed from time to time. Congratulations to USJ. Peabody coaches will figure it out that teams are not going to lay down for them.

1 hour ago, pioneer42 said:

USJ I have had a lot of respect for throughout the years. From what I was told from Peabody alumni they got beat and the effort was weak in some areas. I taught one in my household to out prepare and work hard and to always be humble because you can get beat any game. Sounds like Peabody needs to quit making excuses about recruiting and admit they got humbled a bit which is needed from time to time. Congratulations to USJ. Peabody coaches will figure it out that teams are not going to lay down for them.

Im not sure who is making excuses. I didn’t attend the scrimmage. I know that Peabody isn’t 100% and didn’t play good, it honestly doesn’t matter it was a scrimmage. 

4 hours ago, Waker said:

I know that. Huntingdon has Milan, Westview, Mckenzie, Peabody, Union City, Riverside, South Side. I’m not sure what Gibson Co has this year but I’m sure they will fight as much as Greenfield or Humboldt. So you stating that Peabody has the toughest schedule in 1a or 2a is simply not true.

That's a tough schedule also