Trenton Peabody 2021

PeabodyPride

27 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

Peabody will be tough no doubt. Milan Peabody game West Tennessee will be there. Looking forward personally to see the Baskerville kid at RB some. Heard that we might see that. Milan game will be a war. Milan I predict will be tougher in year two of their new coach. Peabody has sure enough been pushing them around the last few years. Brown kid is at receiver now right?? He played QB last year in your game. Peabody’s secondary will get a test right out of the gate. 

Once they moved Anthony Brownnout of the qb spot they used him all over the field. He can line up at receiver, running back or quarterback. That’s what makes him so dangerous is now opposing defenses can’t account for him. Really opened up our offense last year. Heck, there were some time where they direct snapped it to him as the running back and he still threw. You never know what he will do no matter where he is lined up. 

2 hours ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

Here is where you contradict yourself. You mention look at Peabody’s schedule. Not wanting to have to pay Memphis teams and having fewer non region games to fill. I said literally the same thing two days ago and you said we moved to run from Alcoa. Yes you said you were sure there were other reasons but 95% of them were Alcoa. Truth be told schools during reclassification can declare to move up at any time. Jacobs and Diffee both waited to see the potential regions and then made a decision based on travel and money. None of it had to do with Playing lesser competition In Peabody’s case and running from Alcoa in Milan’s case. It’s just plain silly to think otherwise. 

No contradiction. My opinions are my opinions and that’s just it. Diffee or any coach or faculty member  would never admit or discuss moving because of Alcoa but I can come to my own conclusions right ?  And Alcoa was part of the move   MY OPINION 

milan moving to 4a was a smart move 

Edited by Tide21

1 minute ago, Tide21 said:

No contradiction. My opinions are my opinions and that’s just it. Diffee or any coach or faculty member  would never admit or discuss moving because of Alcoa but I can come to my own conclusions right ?  And Alcoa was part of the move   MY OPINION 

Yes you are entitled to your opinion as we all are. And yes it is very much a contradiction.  For you to say Trenton can move because of travel and scheduling (which your coach said and it makes perfect sense) but Milan is running from Alcoa when are coach said the same thing is a contradiction. You expect people to believe you (hence your reply to TryNotToSuck) but won’t have the same courtesy to others even though  you have not concrete proof. Only your “opinion”. At least what I am saying is based on direct interviews from Diffee and Jacobs in the Milan and Trenton newspapers. 

3 hours ago, Tide21 said:

Thank you the guys work hard. There were several tc guys saying before the reclassification that trousdale was going to 1a where they belonged that’s where I came to my conclusion 

we just bounced back up in number, we were down to like 350ish and bounced back to around 380-390

1 hour ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

Once they moved Anthony Brownnout of the qb spot they used him all over the field. He can line up at receiver, running back or quarterback. That’s what makes him so dangerous is now opposing defenses can’t account for him. Really opened up our offense last year. Heck, there were some time where they direct snapped it to him as the running back and he still threw. You never know what he will do no matter where he is lined up. 

Hadn’t seen Milan play since then but no doubt if Milan has a QB that can get it to him like Peabody does with Ganoway they will be better off. Peabody is the king of the hill around here until somebody knocks them off. Not very confident in it happening right now, but that is why they play the game. Milan definitely is a power player and could win a title and be the second best program in Gibson County. That is how good Peabody is right now. I am going to watch some scrimmages and evaluate things before I make the Milan Peabody pick. Looking forward to the big game though. Lot of fun for West TN.

Edited by pioneer42

1 minute ago, pioneer42 said:

Hadn’t seen Milan play since then but no doubt if Milan has a QB that can get it to him like Peabody does with Ganoway they will be better off.

Hayden Sullivan was the qb that stepped. In 6 games he put up 1250yds (rushing and passing) and 18tds. Might as well call it 5 games cause no one did anything in the championship game. Pretty good numbers in my book. Imagine what that would look like over a full 15 games season. 

59 minutes ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

Yes you are entitled to your opinion as we all are. And yes it is very much a contradiction.  For you to say Trenton can move because of travel and scheduling (which your coach said and it makes perfect sense) but Milan is running from Alcoa when are coach said the same thing is a contradiction. You expect people to believe you (hence your reply to TryNotToSuck) but won’t have the same courtesy to others even though  you have not concrete proof. Only your “opinion”. At least what I am saying is based on direct interviews from Diffee and Jacobs in the Milan and Trenton newspapers. 

People can say whatever they want. The fact is there isn’t a team in the state except  maybe at the top of 5a or 6a that’s playing at Alcoa’s level.  Milan has a better chance at a state championship in 4a. 

as far as 1a and 2a the top teams in both are generally pretty close.   The only difference is there are less championship caliber teams in 1a compared to 2a generally 

you know people come to final  conclusions based on more than one factor 

Edited by Tide21

11 minutes ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

Hayden Sullivan was the qb that stepped. In 6 games he put up 1250yds (rushing and passing) and 18tds. Might as well call it 5 games cause no one did anything in the championship game. Pretty good numbers in my book. Imagine what that would look like over a full 15 games season. 

I heard he was good, but didn’t know if he would be back this year or not. Going to be interesting no doubt. Do think you need to test their secondary out. Hard to run the  ball consistently on them. 

15 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

I heard he was good, but didn’t know if he would be back this year or not. Going to be interesting no doubt. Do think you need to test their secondary out. Hard to run the  ball consistently on them. 

Yes. Will have to be balanced. Tough to do anything on them consistently. But honestly the difference in the game last year was line play on both sides of the ball. That what will determine the outcome in this one as well. We shall see if Milan has closed the gap any in that area. 

21 minutes ago, Tide21 said:

you know people come to final  conclusions based on more than one factor 

This statement I can agree with. Which is why I provided an abundance of non subjective evidence to why Milan moved up. You have yet to provide anything other than we are running from the boogeyman. I’m done with the girl gossip at the middle school lunch table.  Good day. 

29 minutes ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

This statement I can agree with. Which is why I provided an abundance of non subjective evidence to why Milan moved up. You have yet to provide anything other than we are running from the boogeyman. I’m done with the girl gossip at the middle school lunch table.  Good day. 

I honestly dont care why you guys moved up. It was probably a combination of what you said and I said.   I came to a conclusion based on the evidence. So just because you have to much pride to admit Alcoa may have contributed to the decision I’m gossiping. 

1 hour ago, Tide21 said:

I honestly dont care why you guys moved up. It was probably a combination of what you said and I said.   I came to a conclusion based on the evidence. So just because you have to much pride to admit Alcoa may have contributed to the decision I’m gossiping. 

It will make Peabody look even better if we do beat Milan as a 4A instead of a 3A. My opinion :roflolk: