Oak Ridge High School Football 2021

CardinalGrey

11 hours ago, WilleTheWildcat said:

Go to this site....

stateofTennesseehsfb.com

It's like a Murphy Fair's online site. They pick only Jacob Bervin to be All-State and OR to be # .4

Willie take what that website says with a grain of Salt because the writer of it doesn't know his butthole from a hole in the ground.  He wrote my team Greeneville "Has one of the best returning groups in the state" and has them losing 3 regular season games and even has one of our players " Jakobi Gillespie has the potential to be one of the state’s biggest breakout players this season at wide receiver and defensive back" when he was already a 4a All-State DB last year and mentioned nothing of Dabbs who lead the team in WR yards last year as a Sophomore and ranked top 25 in TN for his Class.

The fact he doesn't have Kendall as a pre-season all state tells me all I need to know.  He needs to get out and watch more teams before writing articles.  Murphy's Fair has been around for a while so i wouldn't lump the the two together.

4 minutes ago, Swipes said:

Willie take what that website says with a grain of Salt because the writer of it doesn't know his butthole from a hole in the ground.  He wrote my team Greeneville "Has one of the best returning groups in the state" and has them losing 3 regular season games and even has one of our players " Jakobi Gillespie has the potential to be one of the state’s biggest breakout players this season at wide receiver and defensive back" when he was already a 4a All-State DB last year and mentioned nothing of Dabbs who lead the team in WR yards last year as a Sophomore and ranked top 25 in TN for his Class.

The fact he doesn't have Kendall as a pre-season all state tells me all I need to know.  He needs to get out and watch more teams before writing articles.  Murphy's Fair has been around for a while so i wouldn't lump the the two together.

No offense to Murphy, but all he's doing is collecting information these staffs give him. This guy is putting himself out there covering the entire state (which is an impossible task).

You don't have to agree with everything they say, but be grateful there are people like him and FME who make an attempt to cover TNHSFB, though they make no profit from it.

• Upvote 2

5 STAR Prep just released a list of Top 30 area players and a few others. Only Kendall Jackson made the list at # 9. I think only Seniors were eligible. Hewitt and Berven were among those who may crack the list.

The reason I think only Seniors were chosen is they do not list OR's Brandon Heyward and Powell's QB Potts.

Edited by WilleTheWildcat

19 hours ago, WilleTheWildcat said:

5 STAR Prep just released a list of Top 30 area players and a few others. Only Kendall Jackson made the list at # 9. I think only Seniors were eligible. Hewitt and Berven were among those who may crack the list.

The reason I think only Seniors were chosen is they do not list OR's Brandon Heyward and Powell's QB Potts.

the article says CLASS OF 2022. Can you not read?

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, madhatter2269 said:

the article says CLASS OF 2022. Can you not read?

Yes, I can read. I made a mistake and I apologize for it. I love and subscribe to 5 STAR Prep and wouldn't do any harm to them on purpose.

Did any players from the team (s)  you suport make the list? 

I should also mention the list is not set in stone. It can add or drop players as time goes forward.

Good luck this season from VictORy City.

RWR!

The Boys and Girls Club of Oak Ridge and ORHS Football will have a FREE Football Clinic on July 14 from 9AM to Noon. Coach Gaddis and the Wildcats will be there.

To register go to the Oak Ridge Boys & Girls Club Facebook Page.

Wildcat fans take your own children or grandchildren to the camp. Also, if you know a kid with nobody to take him see if you can. It takes a village to build a State Champion. VictORy City has Community Pride.

I think Brian Kelly will be a great linebacker this season as well, giving us two strong linebackers. The offense will be different, and the question there is a new quarterback. We have a seasoned running back and receiver, we have to get them the ball and block for them, which by the way, the offensive and defensive lines should be good this year, 

We certainly face a tough schedule. Opening with a strong South-Doyle team, early and the middle part with Powell and Greeneville back to back. The back end of the schedule isn't bad, with the question being will Dobyns-Bennett be able to come back from losing 20 starters off last years team by the 9th game. The main thing is to win the region games, with Powell as the top region competitor, they were young last year and I understand they have "added" some more players (cough, cough). 

Practice starts Monday, so we will see how they come along, and scrimmages against Fulton and Maryville will be good measuring sticks.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Cactus Jack said:

I think Brian Kelly will be a great linebacker this season as well, giving us two strong linebackers. The offense will be different, and the question there is a new quarterback. We have a seasoned running back and receiver, we have to get them the ball and block for them, which by the way, the offensive and defensive lines should be good this year, 

We certainly face a tough schedule. Opening with a strong South-Doyle team, early and the middle part with Powell and Greeneville back to back. The back end of the schedule isn't bad, with the question being will Dobyns-Bennett be able to come back from losing 20 starters off last years team by the 9th game. The main thing is to win the region games, with Powell as the top region competitor, they were young last year and I understand they have "added" some more players (cough, cough). 

Practice starts Monday, so we will see how they come along, and scrimmages against Fulton and Maryville will be good measuring sticks.

That was one solid post Mr. Cactus Jack.

I agree with everything you said starting with Kelly.  A lot of people are unaware that OR has many like Kelly just waiting to burst upon the high school scene. We are loaded!

One thing I hope does not happen is OR fans start to fear Powell. YES, they are loaded and had a good (cough,cough) recruiting season. Ignore all that and just focus on OR. Our schedule is tough but we are tough.

Again, great post Jack.