Oak Ridge High School Football 2021

CardinalGrey

41 minutes ago, Knoxemdown said:

I don't know anything about it.

Sweetscience was the one reported it.

It has been news on here for a good 2-3 months or so. About 1 of them, at least. His dad is on the OR staff, so it isn’t surprising that he came with him. Now, the other one - I have zero idea why he came, but hey, I ain’t complaining. I would venture to say that they’re more than likely connected, obviously.

Edited by SweetScience
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, SweetScience said:

It has been news on here for a good 2-3 months or so. About 1 of them, at least. His dad is on the OR staff, so it isn’t surprising that he came with him. Now, the other one - I have zero idea why he came, but hey, I ain’t complaining. I would venture to say that they’re more than likely connected, obviously.

Ya the son can play right away, but the other would have to sit out a year due to the TSSAA rules of players not being able to follow coaches to new schools.  I could be wrong, but this is my understanding.  

1 hour ago, keepitmoving said:

Ya the son can play right away, but the other would have to sit out a year due to the TSSAA rules of players not being able to follow coaches to new schools.  I could be wrong, but this is my understanding.  

So the coach was hired on at OR?

4 hours ago, SweetScience said:

Good post.

So it is not " really strange " the two came to OR. The new OR coach could also be the guardian of the other player. The other players Parents could have moved to OR also,

There are many ways the players ended up in OR. My head hurts over all this but I know for darn sure OR didn't cheat. Gaddis has been a coach so long he knows recruiting would end his career.

2 hours ago, WilleTheWildcat said:

Good post.

So it is not " really strange " the two came to OR. The new OR coach could also be the guardian of the other player. The other players Parents could have moved to OR also,

There are many ways the players ended up in OR. My head hurts over all this but I know for darn sure OR didn't cheat. Gaddis has been a coach so long he knows recruiting would end his career.

Now I never insinuated that Gaddis was cheating by any means. I was simply referring to both schools benefiting from transfers. We have benefited from them too in the past, and will this year also it looks like. A lot of speculation has been occurring the past few years in regards to Lowe and Powell, and to be frank, a lot of it is probably warranted (he did get caught a few years ago as we all know), but all I’m saying is that the present kid (5 star) who is said to be going there that we shouldn’t speculate or make any accusations about him being “recruited”, that’s all. He may not even be there for all we know. All we’re going by is a post some guy made about it on here a few days or weeks ago. Maybe a Powell fan can jump on and clarify. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, boyfromsi said:

Yea, he was there at Spring Practice.

I'm good friends with the father of a player on the team and I'm with him now. The topic of our current conversation is the "players from West". This kid told his dad that the players were at practice today and that's the first time they have been there. He also said they have several new coaches but the West players dad isn't one of them. In fact, this player has heard the rumors that the West players dad is on the staff but he has never seen him. 

• Upvote 1