Oak Ridge High School Football 2021

CardinalGrey

Well, from what I understand we have 2 kids coming in from West, so we really can’t say much in terms of getting transfers this coming season.  And if it’s completely true, which I’m hearing it is, they both have D1 offers. So let’s try not to throw stones at glass houses, and all that stuff.

Edited by SweetScience

8 minutes ago, SweetScience said:

Well, from what I understand we have 2 kids coming in from West, so we really can’t say much in terms of getting transfers this coming season.  And if it’s completely true, which I’m hearing it is, they both have D1 offers. So let’s try not to throw stones at glass houses, and all that stuff.

Sorry to have a different opinion on this.  But have you read or heard anything about the West players being recruited to transfer to OR?

You are right though, I don't need to mess in Powell's business.Take care SS.

• Like 1

According to a 5 STAR Prep article, Catholic will be in OakRidge for some type of activity. I don't know if it is 7 on 7 or a scrimmage. Better check with a coach, player, parent or the school before making plans to attend.

Please, somebody go and find out if the word on the two West players. I think one is true but have no way of finding about the second guy. Oh, what the heck, I'll message Coach Joe and see if he will answer me. He is nice to Willie the Wildcat

RWR!!

12 hours ago, WilleTheWildcat said:

Sorry to have a different opinion on this.  But have you read or heard anything about the West players being recruited to transfer to OR?

You are right though, I don't need to mess in Powell's business.Take care SS.

Sorry, wasn’t trying to preach at you by any means, but when we throw out blind accusations we’re walking down a slippery slope. This is not to say that Powell and Lowe haven’t done some shady things in recent memory (because it was proven, in fact), but we don’t know if this latest rumor is even true or not about this 5 star D tackle. I just think we would be smart not to make a judgment call there unless we know for fact what went down, or is going down.

Edited by SweetScience

13 minutes ago, SweetScience said:

Sorry, wasn’t trying to preach at you by any means, but when we throw out blind accusations we’re walking down a slippery slope. This is not to say that Powell and Lowe haven’t done some shady things in recent memory (because it was proven, in fact), but we don’t know if this latest rumor is even true or not about this 5 star D tackle. I just think we would be smart not to make a judgment call there unless we know for fact what went down, or is going down.

You make sence Sweet. I plan on leaving the Powell stuff alone.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, WilleTheWildcat said:

That was one solid post Mr. Cactus Jack.

I agree with everything you said starting with Kelly.  A lot of people are unaware that OR has many like Kelly just waiting to burst upon the high school scene. We are loaded!

One thing I hope does not happen is OR fans start to fear Powell. YES, they are loaded and had a good (cough,cough) recruiting season. Ignore all that and just focus on OR. Our schedule is tough but we are tough.

Again, great post Jack.

Who, did Powell recruit this year?  Just curious.  

3 hours ago, dkota44 said:

I saw a Clemson Football bus parked at the Comfort Inn by Walmart on Friday. Anybody know what they had going on?

It was in the papers, online and all 3 TV stations.

Oak Ridge Sports Hall of Fame and Clemson's IPTAY ( Fund Raising Club ) finally dedicated the 6' 5" Statue of Tee Higgins to ORHS. I think this should have been done years ago when Tee was playing QB for the Robertsville Middle School Rams. We all knew he was going far in sports. Dabo brought the whole team to help salute Tee.

A statue for Coach Gaddis will go up after he wins State this December. The statute will show a pack of Bulldogs ripping into OpieSnagnasty doughy body. 

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, SweetScience said:

Strange that two kids from the same school would both simultaneously move into a different zone.

4 hours ago, WilleTheWildcat said:

You make sence Sweet. I plan on leaving the Powell stuff alone.

1 hour ago, keepitmoving said:

Who, did Powell recruit this year? Just curious.

Keepitmoving that is an important question. However, I told SweetScience I was going to leave the Powell stuff alone. I will honor that statement. Good luck to Powell.

8 hours ago, WilleTheWildcat said:

According to a 5 STAR Prep article, Catholic will be in OakRidge for some type of activity. I don't know if it is 7 on 7 or a scrimmage. Better check with a coach, player, parent or the school before making plans to attend.

RWR!

Oak Ridge will host Catholic this Wed. in a 7 on 7 Passing game. Don't know the time. This event could be very important for Oak Ridge since the Wildcats  are in a QB battle.

SOURCE...Catholic Football Website

Players to watch for the Irish:

Tommy Winton, Jarvis Mynatt, Hayden Todd, Keondre Jarmon, RaaPhell Mayes, Cade Huber, Javaree Roebuck and Josh Turbyville.

SOURCE...5 Star Prep