Oak Ridge High School Football 2021

CardinalGrey

16 hours ago, WilleTheWildcat said:

I am hoping to make a trip up to Solway in July.  I will bring a small cooler to take six or more back home to Hixson/Chattaboogie.

I really like KB video focused on Central with a short vocal by Kenny Chesney.

Best of luck to the Bobcats.

Oh, 30 years ago CHS vs ORHS played THE GAME. First and only time I went on the field after a game. Almost was late getting back to the Booster's Bu

I have seen the film of that game, indeed was one of the best HS games ever. 

I was looking at the Freshmen roster on the football website and we have roughly 40 young Wildcats ready to begin the Journey to Champions. That is more than we have had recently, right?

Any Brandon Heywards in the bunch? Anybody who stood out for RMS or JMS last year? If I remember correctly Robertsville went undefeated in 2020.

Guys, I am really feeling good about all aspects of OR football. We have some extra special players ( Berven, Heyward, Jackson etc. ), size and ability in the OL / DL, a quality PK, solid competition at QB, several players who just need some game experience for them to explode into All Region type players, two quick and stout LBs, maybe three LBs if Jackson plays defense and hopefully Coaches who will repeat the job they did last season.

Don't be surprised if # 6 plays like Stewart / Preston did last season. Dude is Grinding hard.

Sure wish other people would start sharing some of their early expectations for Oak Ridge. I have talked to one of you guys and I learned a lot about the team. I am a lifelong learner so feed the beast knowledge. GRRRRRRRRR!

RWR!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, WilleTheWildcat said:

I was looking at the Freshmen roster on the football website and we have roughly 40 young Wildcats ready to begin the Journey to Champions. That is more than we have had recently, right?

Any Brandon Heywards in the bunch? Anybody who stood out for RMS or JMS last year? If I remember correctly Robertsville went undefeated in 2020.

Guys, I am really feeling good about all aspects of OR football. We have some extra special players ( Berven, Heyward, Jackson etc. ), size and ability in the OL / DL, a quality PK, solid competition at QB, several players who just need some game experience for them to explode into All Region type players, two quick and stout LBs, maybe three LBs if Jackson plays defense and hopefully Coaches who will repeat the job they did last season.

Don't be surprised if # 6 plays like Stewart / Preston did last season. Dude is Grinding hard.

Sure wish other people would start sharing some of their early expectations for Oak Ridge. I have talked to one of you guys and I learned a lot about the team. I am a lifelong learner so feed the beast knowledge. GRRRRRRRRR!

RWR!

I dont remember anybody from either middle schools that I think will start or have close to impact Heyward did as a freshman but should be a solid group and more balanced than usual.I look for some guys from freshman class last yr to breakout this yr.That was the group that won the Championship at Roberstville.Cant go by results of freshman team last yr because they lost starting and backup QB in like the 1st game.Dozier will be a heck of a player sooner than later.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, WilleTheWildcat said:

RWR!

There is no doubt, this team is going to be very special. Two big factors/questions:

1) Who is the OC now? Does he bring something new.....will the HC give him play calling opportunity?

2) Need to land and settle on the starting QB....and hope he keeps his job as starter. Last thing we need is rotational stuff all season long.

I think there are more kids on this team with D1, D2, D3 offers than the last several years....and they are spread across O and D.

I'm betting that they make a run to State again. RWR!

• Like 1

On 6/29/2021 at 3:42 PM, WilleTheWildcat said:

RWR!

That's last year's roster on OR football website. The kids listed will be sophs.