Oak Ridge High School Football 2021

CardinalGrey

12 minutes ago, Swipes said:

Sounds like there will be a lot of speed on the field when Oak Ridge and Greeneville play!  Greeneville's starting Wr and Rb both Placed 4th and 12th in the 100 meter and the 4 x100 team (Who all start for the football team) placed runner up with a 42.03 time behind Memphis Central.

Sounds like most of the speed will be for Greenville. Not sure why Gaddis would schedule them.

14 minutes ago, catswild said:

Sounds like most of the speed will be for Greenville. Not sure why Gaddis would schedule them.

It's good competition and you want to see that kind of speed in the regular season before you see it in the play-offs!  No matter what happens in that game Oak Ridge will be a better team come play-off time to make another run in 5a.

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, WilleTheWildcat said:

A NEW statue is coming to Jack Armstrong Stadium / Blankenship Field. No, not the Joe Gaddis one we discussed last season. This will be for Jackie Pope.

I still want a statue for Wiley the Wildcat. She is the only one to have attended every Wildcat sporting and academic event ever held. That certainly calls for at least a spot in the Oak Ridge Sports Hall of Fame.

RWR

Roll Wiley Roll!

I would like to see one for romeo.Inscription underneath to say 'you can come home again after things cool down a few years'.

52 minutes ago, REBELRON said:

Good luck to Oak Ridge this year.  I was in Oak Ridge yesterday.  Me and my wife went to Melton Hill park to ride a paddling pontoon boat.  Then we went to Chicago's Own. I loved that place.  Italian Beef sandwich with mozzarella cheese.  Yummy. 

Good luck to Maryville. There is an Chicago's Own in Chattanooga but not so good. Yucky.

6 hours ago, REBELRON said:

Good luck to Oak Ridge this year.  I was in Oak Ridge yesterday.  Me and my wife went to Melton Hill park to ride a paddling pontoon boat.  Then we went to Chicago's Own. I loved that place.  Italian Beef sandwich with mozzarella cheese.  Yummy. 

Thank you.My kids love renting those paddling pontoons and going through that tunnel that goes under the road.The 5 yr old wanted his own boat though lol

19 hours ago, STILLNUM1 said:

Thank you.My kids love renting those paddling pontoons and going through that tunnel that goes under the road.The 5 yr old wanted his own boat though lol

This is the first I am hearing about the paddle boats. I'll have to get my nephew's kid and take a spin. Is the China Palace still there? I worked there my senior year as a busboy. I have already decided to take my wife to the Outdoor Pool. I haven't been in it since high school. I grew up on Hutchinson Place and we went running to the pool twice a day until 1982.

1 hour ago, WilleTheWildcat said:

This is the first I am hearing about the paddle boats. I'll have to get my nephew's kid and take a spin. Is the China Palace still there? I worked there my senior year as a busboy. I have already decided to take my wife to the Outdoor Pool. I haven't been in it since high school. I grew up on Hutchinson Place and we went running to the pool twice a day until 1982.

The New China Palace has been gone for years now. Approximately 5 years or so. Miss it being there. It’s still a thing, just in a different location now.

1 hour ago, SweetScience said:

The New China Palace has been gone for years now. Approximately 5 years or so. Miss it being there. It’s still a thing, just in a different location now.

To be honest, I hated working there but the waitresses were 24 years or older and invited us high school busboys to come by their house to hang most weekend nigh's.They were especially sweet on Prom night and took us out to celebrate since we didn't have dates that night.

1 hour ago, CardinalGrey said:

Oh man was a FIRM hand.blessing that article was for me. Thanks so much C & G. It reaffirms my love and devotion to Oak Ridge " VictORy City " and Oak Ridge High School.

Oak Ridge City Schools are Lit.

Not mentioned but deserving praise is my elementary school St. Mary's. Our teachers we loving and giving with a FIRM hand / paddle. We also had fathers that coached us up in basketball. We would scrimmage Jefferson and Robertsville and also play as RJHS and JJHS' seventh and eight team. The OR School Board had cut the 7th and 8th grades teams' money source.

A SPECIAL shout out to QB 1 Gibbons for all the sensational accomplishments he did for Oak Ridge. Quarterback of an undefeated 9th grade team and State Title participant.

A second SPECIAL shout out to CardinalandGrey and e-mail me at Palmersteve1126@gmail .com

Edited by WilleTheWildcat
  • Thanks 1