Oak Ridge High School Football 2021

CardinalGrey

Lucy, I'm home!

I am back because nobody is messing with me and trying to disrupt this thread. 

I saw a tweet by WR Andrew Ferreira and he listed several Football Camps. Don't know if it is a list of camps he is attending or what. If it is, Andrew is Grinding it out like a Wildcat Warrior this summer.

June 1...UTK

June 5...MTSU

June 11 - 12...Gunslinger Academy

June 14...Tennessee Tech

June 19...Vandy

June 22...Maryville College.

The reason for this day has been bugging me all day so I looked up some facts on Memorial Day.

On May 30, 1868, Congress declared a Decoration Day for Americans to honor and mourn our military who gave the ultimate sacrifice for the USA. In 1970, the day's name was changed to Memorial Day and was to be held on the last Monday in May.

So with respect I praise the personnel who have died while in service

OTHER DAYS TO REMEMBER...

Armed Forces Day, early May,  to remember the men and women in service now.

Veterans Day, Nov. 11, to remember all who have served in the Military.

There should be a day for the Family of Military Service Members. They make sacrifices too.

• Thanks 1

A NEW statue is coming to Jack Armstrong Stadium / Blankenship Field. No, not the Joe Gaddis one we discussed last season. This will be for Jackie Pope.

I still want a statue for Wiley the Wildcat. She is the only one to have attended every Wildcat sporting and academic event ever held. That certainly calls for at least a spot in the Oak Ridge Sports Hall of Fame.

RWR

Roll Wiley Roll!

Edited by WilleTheWildcat
  • Upvote 1

10 hours ago, WilleTheWildcat said:

All State candidate Jacob Berven finished 14th in the 100 meter dash at the State Meet.

Sounds like there will be a lot of speed on the field when Oak Ridge and Greeneville play!  Greeneville's starting Wr and Rb both Placed 4th and 12th in the 100 meter and the 4 x100 team (Who all start for the football team) placed runner up with a 42.03 time behind Memphis Central.