Oak Ridge High School Football 2021

CardinalGrey

8 hours ago, WilleTheWildcat said:

Please help. For a while now, I have seen tweets by and about a Wildcat named Andrew Ferreira. Can anybody fill me in about him? He seems to be grinding hard to be ready this season. 

Thanks.

I remember him from JV games last season. He's fast with real good hands. He's not very big but that doesn't really matter at his position.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, WilleTheWildcat said:

Please help. For a while now, I have seen tweets by and about a Wildcat named Andrew Ferreira. Can anybody fill me in about him? He seems to be grinding hard to be ready this season. 

Thanks.

Go to Youtube. Watch Gaddis' shows from last year. JV highlights. Kids a baller. He'll be good.

On 5/8/2021 at 7:11 AM, CardinalGrey said:

Mike Blackerby had an interview with Coach Gaddis regarding Spring Practice.

RWR!

It is an excellent article by a member of the main street media. Mike  Blackerby has written about ORHS sports since, well forever.  A ton of information. I know not everybody subscribe to 5 Star Prep so if people want I will take the time to review the article.

10 hours ago, catswild said:

Please be more specific for those of us who can't attend practice...what do you think will please Wildcat fans?

Sure CW!

You are already seeing a big difference with Ellison running the offense.  There is a lot more tempo.  Heyward and Ferrera stand out to me.  All of the running backs, Jackson and Dozier, etc are catching the  ball out of the backfield well.  There will be a lot of passing which is new for a Gaddis coached team.   Tarwater and Sharp both look good.

We have the most linemen out for football that I have seen in a long time.  We return most of our Offensive line and they all look bigger and stronger this spring.  The big question will be replacing our defensive line and secondary.  Linebackers will be fine with the return of Bervan and Kelley.

I like the pace and attention to detail that I see in practice and the coaches seem excited at how the guys are responding.  I'm looking forward to the fall.  

• Like 1

17 hours ago, boyfromsi said:

Sure CW!

You are already seeing a big difference with Ellison running the offense.  There is a lot more tempo.  Heyward and Ferrera stand out to me.  All of the running backs, Jackson and Dozier, etc are catching the  ball out of the backfield well.  There will be a lot of passing which is new for a Gaddis coached team.   Tarwater and Sharp both look good.

We have the most linemen out for football that I have seen in a long time.  We return most of our Offensive line and they all look bigger and stronger this spring.  The big question will be replacing our defensive line and secondary.  Linebackers will be fine with the return of Bervan and Kelley.

I like the pace and attention to detail that I see in practice and the coaches seem excited at how the guys are responding.  I'm looking forward to the fall.  

Thank you for the explanation. All of that sounds very good!

On 5/10/2021 at 4:17 PM, OR nole said:

Go to Youtube. Watch Gaddis' shows from last year. JV highlights. Kids a baller. He'll be good.

If he was that good last season why did he not get on the field for the varsity games.?  I have personally watched great freshmen play every play in JV games and be a sub that played 25 snaps in the varsity games

Edited by cbg

1 hour ago, cbg said:

If he was that good last season why did he not get on the field for the varsity games.?  I have personally watched great freshmen play every play in JV games and be a sub that played 25 snaps in the varsity games

Oak Ridge was very deep at receiver last year. The young receiver did get a little varsity play.

Your post is one of the most uncalled for I have seen in a while. But thank you for your concern.

Edited by OR nole
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, OR nole said:

Oak Ridge was very deep at receiver last year. The young receiver did get a little varsity play.

Your post is one of the most uncalled for I have seen in a while. But thank you for your concern.

Thank you for the scolding dad!  Your a tool