Oak Ridge High School Football 2021

CardinalGrey

4 hours ago, WilleTheWildcat said:

According to Prep Redzone Tennessee, Kendall Jackson is one of 5 top choices to win Class 5-A Mr. Football. Also considered were Peyton Sharpe and Elijah Rodgers.

Jackson MUST stay healthy. Rodgers MUST adjust to OR's play calling. Sharpe being  named the starting QB is totally new to me. I had heard he could play DB when Tarwater is at QB

Why would Sharpe be named the starting QB? Is Tarwater still injured? I thought Tarwater played in the Maryville scrimmage.

3 hours ago, CardinalGrey said:

I hadn't heard about the starting QB determination.  Interesting...

RWR!

I hadn't heard that either, but I guess Gaddis and the new OC have their reasons. Both played pretty well against Maryville but I didn't know Sharpe was starting. Is there a Gaddis Show tonight? If so, maybe that will be addressed by Clary

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, 92Dragon said:

Why would Sharpe be named the starting QB? Is Tarwater still injured? I thought Tarwater played in the Maryville scrimmage.

All good points 92 Dragon. I am surprised either one would be considered for Mr Football due to lack of playing time. 

I believe both played in the Maryville scrimmage.

CardinalGray,

I don't think anybody has said who is the starting QB. I said if one has been named it would be new or news to me. If there is a Coach's show tonight maybe Coach G will announce it.

Thank you for the countdown. I can't believe it is almost Kick Off Game Day.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, catswild said:

I hadn't heard that either, but I guess Gaddis and the new OC have their reasons. Both played pretty well against Maryville but I didn't know Sharpe was starting. Is there a Gaddis Show tonight? If so, maybe that will be addressed by Clary

I'm pretty sure nobody on here has said who is starting.  The reason I even brought it up is I was shocked a website would publish an article saying Sharpe was a preseason Mr. Football candidate. I would just be happy if whoever plays QB does well enough to be considered for All Region along side Potts from Powell.

Hopefully, there will be a coaches show tonight,

7 minutes ago, WilleTheWildcat said:

I'm pretty sure nobody on here has said who is starting.  The reason I even brought it up is I was shocked a website would publish an article saying Sharpe was a preseason Mr. Football candidate. I would just be happy if whoever plays QB does well enough to be considered for All Region along side Potts from Powell.

Hopefully, there will be a coaches show tonight,

What website said that a QB who has never started a game at OR was a Mr Football candidiate? I hope he becomes one but this website is suspect

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, WilleTheWildcat said:

All good points 92 Dragon. I am surprised either one would be considered for Mr Football due to lack of playing time. 

I believe both played in the Maryville scrimmage.

CardinalGray,

I don't think anybody has said who is the starting QB. I said if one has been named it would be new or news to me. If there is a Coach's show tonight maybe Coach G will announce it.

Thank you for the countdown. I can't believe it is almost Kick Off Game Day.

I'm sorry. I misunderstood you. I thought you were saying that Sharpe was named the starting QB. My bad.

• Upvote 1