Oak Ridge High School Football 2021

CardinalGrey

4 hours ago, oridgecat said:

At least in Knox Co. you can work at one school and coach at another, happens all the time.

They are all employed by the same employer, teaching and coaching at different schools isn't a big issue. Loyalties...a different story. I can see where it would be hard.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, oridgecat said:

At least in Knox Co. you can work at one school and coach at another, happens all the time.

I know that. It’s just strange to see them in black and orange. Nothing meant by it. It’s an OR/Clinton thing. 

Edited by froshpop

Good game with Oak Ridge tonight, both teams got to work on things to get ready for the season ahead. Oak Ridge has a very big offensive line and some good backs that followed their blocking especially on the opening drive. You can't compare apples and oranges when all you have to do is tag the QB. Even though the score was 28-7 don't ever forget you guys have Big Ed's and we've only got a Little Caesars, a place so bad with customer service someone actually drove their car right through the front glass window three weeks ago during business hours pinning two customers under the car for a couple of hours.

8 minutes ago, BarneySox2007 said:

Good game with Oak Ridge tonight, both teams got to work on things to get ready for the season ahead. Oak Ridge has a very big offensive line and some good backs that followed their blocking especially on the opening drive. You can't compare apples and oranges when all you have to do is tag the QB. Even though the score was 28-7 don't ever forget you guys have Big Ed's and we've only got a Little Caesars, a place so bad with customer service someone actually drove their car right through the front glass window three weeks ago during business hours pinning two customers under the car for a couple of hours.

Good grief on the Little Caesar’s ordeal. :o. I didn’t go to the scrimmage (outta town) but I hope we looked better than we did last week. We would’ve had a hard time beating Sunbright in a scrimmage from what I saw last week, so hopefully we improved a little. 

6 minutes ago, SweetScience said:

Good grief on the Little Caesar’s ordeal. :o. I didn’t go to the scrimmage (outta town) but I hope we looked better than we did last week. We would’ve had a hard time beating Sunbright in a scrimmage from what I saw last week, so hopefully we improved a little. 

They'll be okay. Should be able to run a bunch of teams over with that line. It was a good scrimmage for us to be able to work against a big line like that. We have 3 opening games with some pretty big teams.

3 minutes ago, BarneySox2007 said:

They'll be okay. Should be able to run a bunch of teams over with that line. It was a good scrimmage for us to be able to work against a big line like that. We have 3 opening games with some pretty big teams.

Yeah, we have pretty good size up front, but that doesn’t always mean that it will translate into them being a quality line by any means, although it never hurts to have size. I reckon we’ll see in a few weeks time when South Doyle comes to town. Ain’t no cuppy cakes starting out this year.