Oak Ridge High School Football 2021

CardinalGrey

50 minutes ago, oridgecat said:

Yeah, that's why I say I will believe it when I see it.  We are about to find out if anybody in OR has the balls to make a change.  Only in OR would the coach get to decide if he stays or goes.  smdh.  

Well if Joe were to stay he is worse off than ever losing his DC or did the DC get pizzed off if the rumor was the job was being shopped from outside and Joe was getting forced out. 

Like I said Barn, I don't think there's anybody with the stones to force Joe out if they believe it needs to happen. Maybe the new principal will be different, we shall wait and see.  But no, word has been for some time now that when HVA opens up, he will apply.  He's a great young coach and he is and has been ready to become a HC.   Keep in mind, the principal at HVA used to coach at ORHS,  so there is likely a previous relationship.  But make no mistake, Jeff Miner is ready to be a HC.  OR will miss him dearly, but I wish him and the Hawks nothing but the best.  (Unless I have to drive over to Barney's favorite stadium).

1 hour ago, oridgecat said:

I know the DC is gone, 

Why must Minor go? He is the best young coach we have but you are right he is ready to be a HC somewhere and I'll always support him.

Gaddis as the AD is interesting. Mullins is good at it but I have always hated how he wouldn't let Clary stream at home live.

Just pray that everybody has the kids and school's best interest at heart.

RWR!

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, HTV said:

He was just named the head coach at Hardin Valley.  

I believe Oak Ridge will hire a current Knoxville area head coach. 

Minor at HVA? Wow, did not see that happening.

There are several good coaches and programs in Knoxville. Central, Powell, West, Fulton, South Doyle are solid. Are any of the Knox Private schools coaches have outstanding skills?