Meigs offseason and 2021 outlook

MeigsTiger88

On 1/21/2021 at 6:53 PM, Dadof2 said:

Lol didn’t think about that.

Yea.  That bye week for Meigs in week 10 is huge. Marion could have the better team but that bye gives Meigs a nice rest to be healthy for a huge week 11 showdown in Marion County. We need to create a poll predicting the winner. Preseason poll. Anyone good at this?

9 hours ago, Sequatchie33 said:

For real?  Back to back trips to cookeville and Meigs comes out ranked tops in the state for 2021. You need to come enjoy a season or 2 with us to bring you back to reality. Meigs is rolling brother. Tighten down and enjoy the ride.

Sequatchie's favorite plays are dive left, dive right, penalty, dive right again, punt

• Sad 1

10 hours ago, Sequatchie33 said:

For real?  Back to back trips to cookeville and Meigs comes out ranked tops in the state for 2021. You need to come enjoy a season or 2 with us to bring you back to reality. Meigs is rolling brother. Tighten down and enjoy the ride.

Good post, not sure why anyone would be unhappy at this point if you are a Meigs fan. Truth is our coaches put together five outstanding teams in a row. And we look to be really good again in 21 most of our core players from last year will return with the exception of #34 Will Meadows, #57 Malachi Hayden, and #60 Hunter Brown. 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Yeti said:

Good post, not sure why anyone would be unhappy at this point if you are a Meigs fan. Truth is our coaches put together five outstanding teams in a row. And we look to be really good again in 21 most of our core players from last year will return with the exception of #34 Will Meadows, #57 Malachi Hayden, and #60 Hunter Brown. 

You are happy with coming in 2nd two years in a row?  I’m not.  I’m proud, but hardly content.  Any successful organization (military, Fortune 500 company, sports team) looks back over a previous performance and studies what went right, what went wrong, and what was in our control and what was not.  This reflection must be conducted honestly and apolitically.  Check egos at the door.... Fail to do that and people die, companies fail, and someone else wins the championship (respectively).  

It was said to me recently that if your season ends in Cookeville, you had a great year.  My response was “Yes, unless you lost there when you could have won. “

In 2019, we should have won.  For 2020, we could have won.  

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, OrangeTiger said:

Next year we will win it all. With the changes coming on offense and Peabody moving Down! 

I've reached out some to see who was gonna tote the rock, seems there are alot of candidates for the role. More than I figured their would have been.