Region 7-4A 2021 Outlook

BIGPURPLEMACHINE

28 minutes ago, stacmot said:

I agree with both of you.  I had wondered why Greeneville and Pearl Cohn weren't mentioned among the top 5, but when I saw Fayette Ware listed among other contenders, I knew it was bogus.  Unfortunately I had already made the post when I saw the Wildcats on the list.

TigersandCats...Is Hardin Co. still scheduled to scrimmage Riverside this evening?

As far as I know, yes. I’ve been really busy with work lately, and have not kept up with everything as much as normal. McNairy also has McKenzie at home tonight. I may get around in time to catch some of that scrimmage tonight. I’m ready to see some football of any kind.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, stacmot said:

This may be old news, but I just saw it.  It definitely gives Milan and Haywood some preseason encouragement.
https://www.prepredzone.com/2021/07/tnhsfb-state-title-contenders-class-4a-6a/

I agree, Milan hasn't played a game in 4A and they're in a #2. Either way, Elizabethton, Greeneville, and Anderson County should be in the top 3. Haywood, Milan, and Tullahoma should round out 4-6 (No particular order).

However, I've noticed this with media writers. With Ridgeway and Kirby not playing football last year, they had to put Fayette Ware in there to even out the bias. Even though Fayette Ware's Quarterback is going to Middle Tennessee, the Wildcats are arguably 10 point dogs to at least 6 teams 4-A teams in this year.

• Like 1

Just now, TryNotToSuck said:

I agree, Milan hasn't played a game in 4A and they're in a #2. Either way, Elizabethton, Greeneville, and Anderson County should be in the top 3. Haywood, Milan, and Tullahoma should round out 4-6 (No particular order).

However, I've noticed this with media writers. With Ridgeway and Kirby not playing football last year, they had to put Fayette Ware in there to even out the bias. Even though Fayette Ware's Quarterback is going to Middle Tennessee, the Wildcats are arguably 10 point dogs to at least 6 teams 4-A  West Tennessee teams this year.

12 hours ago, TryNotToSuck said:

However, I've noticed this with media writers. With Ridgeway and Kirby not playing football last year, they had to put Fayette Ware in there to even out the bias. Even though Fayette Ware's Quarterback is going to Middle Tennessee, the Wildcats are arguably 10 point dogs to at least 6 teams 4-A teams in this year.

I agree.

On 7/29/2021 at 11:01 AM, stacmot said:

7/29 - Fayette Ware at South Gibson...the preseason scrimmage season begins!

According to the tnfca the following scrimmages are on tap for tomorrow (7/30):

Crockett Co. at Peabody
Haywood at Whitehaven (Top Secret - no spectators allowed LOL)
Westview at Milan
Huntingdon at North Side
Gleason/South Fulton at Obion Central

7-4A fans, I hope we can get some type of summary of how all these scrimmages go.

I know that the Fayette-Ware-South Gibson and Huntingdon-North Side scrimmages were cancelled, and I was surprised to see the following tweet:

Anybody have any news about Crockett at Peabody and Gleason/South Fulton at Obion Co?  Haywood at Whitehaven too!

Edited by stacmot

5 minutes ago, stacmot said:

I know that the Fayette-Ware-South Gibson and Huntingdon-North Side scrimmages were cancelled, and I was surprised to see the following tweet:

Anybody have any news about Crockett at Peabody and Gleason/South Fulton at Obion Co?  Haywood at Whitehaven too!

The above tweet from Micheal Odom is not correct. I watched the entire scrimmage from the sideline. 1’s on 1’snit was 20-13 Milan. Westview left in their 1’s and got two scores on the Milan 2’s to make it 27-20 Westview. Milan 1’s scored on 3 of 5 drives. First drive went into red zone and stalled. Next drive qb threw an interception. Then Milan scored on next 3 drives. Westview 3 and out on first drive. Next drive was a long run for touchdown. Next drive 3 and out. Next drive Westview fumbles and the ball gets kicked 40 yds down field and Westview recovers and Simpson throws td on next pass. Next drive Simpson throws int. Then Milan 2’s came in on defense and Westview left their first team offense on the field and had two score to make it 27-20. Again I will add 1’s on 1’s it was Milan 20-13. Both teams have lots to work on. Simpson looked good. Milan looked good once the offense got going. Good scrimmage. Lots of kids in several spots and both teams worked on things. 

6 minutes ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

The above tweet from Micheal Odom is not correct. I watched the entire scrimmage from the sideline. 1’s on 1’snit was 20-13 Milan. Westview left in their 1’s and got two scores on the Milan 2’s to make it 27-20 Westview. Milan 1’s scored on 3 of 5 drives. First drive went into red zone and stalled. Next drive qb threw an interception. Then Milan scored on next 3 drives. Westview 3 and out on first drive. Next drive was a long run for touchdown. Next drive 3 and out. Next drive Westview fumbles and the ball gets kicked 40 yds down field and Westview recovers and Simpson throws td on next pass. Next drive Simpson throws int. Then Milan 2’s came in on defense and Westview left their first team offense on the field and had two score to make it 27-20. Again I will add 1’s on 1’s it was Milan 20-13. Both teams have lots to work on. Simpson looked good. Milan looked good once the offense got going. Good scrimmage. Lots of kids in several spots and both teams worked on things. 

Thanks for the recap.  I was really surprised when I saw the 27-20 score.

Edited by stacmot

3 minutes ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

I’m sure. I would have been too if I hadn’t been there. Looks can be deceiving. 

Scrimmage scores can definitely be deceiving, but I like to hear them anyway.  It's even better when you get a recap like the one you gave in an earlier post.

• Thanks 1

The Haywood-Whitehaven scrimmage was set up as 10 plays on offense at a time for each team and rotated ones and twos. Based on video I saw it looked like the two teams went nose to nose. Both very athletic and fast. Big plays for both sides. Defense looked slightly ahead of offense but Haywood had some big plays and a couple newbies really stood out. Good gauge for both teams as to where they are. I know Haywood is looking for another scrimmage to iron a few things out. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1