Most Appealing Job?

FuzzyFootballs44

22 hours ago, FuzzyFootballs44 said:

Alright guys, several jobs have opened up over the last couple of weeks. I would like to hear your thoughts on which is the best job.

IN NO ORDER:

1. Franklin

2. Blackman

3. University of Tennessee 

Franklin, and to a certain extent, Blackman have had some success in the past. Not real familiar with Franklin situation, but Blackman will be a tough sell because of the success of Riverdale and Oakland. The toughest thing about the UT job is that you have to establish recruiting bases outside of the state. If you only recruit Tennessee kids you will go 2-10 every year. I love Tennessee high school football, but unless it’s changed in the past few years, even Kentucky turns out more D1’s than Tennessee. 

28 minutes ago, chs1984 said:

Franklin, and to a certain extent, Blackman have had some success in the past. Not real familiar with Franklin situation, but Blackman will be a tough sell because of the success of Riverdale and Oakland. The toughest thing about the UT job is that you have to establish recruiting bases outside of the state. If you only recruit Tennessee kids you will go 2-10 every year. I love Tennessee high school football, but unless it’s changed in the past few years, even Kentucky turns out more D1’s than Tennessee. 

I don't think you were being literal, but in case you were last year

Tennessee had 61 recruits  and Kentucky had 27 

34 minutes ago, chs1984 said:

Here is the top 10 by percentage from a few years ago.

State FBS Signees Players Ratio
1. Florida 389 40,606 1 in 104
2. Georgia 248 32,979 1 in 133
3. Louisiana 132 20,087 1 in 152
4. Hawaii 22 4,258 1 in 194
5. Utah 35 8,638 1 in 247
6. Alabama 89 22,841 1 in 257
7. Mississippi 83 22,300 1 in 269
8. Maryland/D.C. 55 15,662 1 in 285
9. Ohio 135 44,431 1 in 329
10. Tennessee 67 23,003 1 in 343

26. Kentucky       23                  13,788 1 in 599

17 hours ago, Blaze45 said:

Ironically that story went away... seems the sheriffs dept  closed the case and found nothing... also the gas allowance that was made a big todo of kinda  disappeared when they started looking at 3 busses for every out of town game.... plus the trainers all females were not allowed to ride on the busses with the players... so gas for that vehicle was supplied. But I digress...I am saying that what Alcoa, Maryville pay coaches and even what each High school in RuCo pays is not all equal... You want top tier coaching, you are not gonna get it for a 35k a year job and a 1500 dollar stipend.  I grew up in west Texas Mojo country.... I can tell you about high school recruiting that makes schools here,\ seem like choir boys.... Parents getting jobs in the oilfield making 10-15k more than they have ever made.... Renting houses for next to nothing on the country club golf course.... Senior  is season over..... layoffs begin, house is being sold.....6 months later the new kid in town has moved  in to your old house and daddy got a job doing the same thing..... People here worried about did the coach give a gift card to long horn steakhouse to another coach as a birthday gift from the booster club... or for mowing the field and practice field... Sad thing is he was a really good coach that got in a game of "See who has the most clout" and lost. Not saying hide anything under the table... just pay good coaches and teachers what they are worth... period!

If things were how you see it and I don't really disagree the. Coaches should be hired to coach period.  No teaching, etc. just coach and build the program

53 minutes ago, BooWhoWiseMan said:

If things were how you see it and I don't really disagree the. Coaches should be hired to coach period.  No teaching, etc. just coach and build the program

I guess I look at things from a distorted view I guess... I want /wanted my kids to have the best education, best sports experience they could get.  It's on me to make sure my kids do/did their part, but is equally on the part of administrators and school board officials to make sure we are drawing the best candidates we can. That takes money , facilities ( class rooms, equipment support staff included ) and community support. Given the propensity to switch , we have to have a long term plan in place to build this program back up... Community support will come back when the program has earned it back. Winning culture, attitude and leadership that supports that and demand s it from its staff and expects it from its students. Accepting mediocrity and then blaming the staff is where problems start 

Edited by Blaze45

6 hours ago, chs1984 said:

UT can't even keep the best in state kids in state. The state's top players this year are going to Clemson, Michigan, ND, Ohio State, UGA, and Ole Miss. 

10 hours ago, WilleTheWildcat said:

SOMETIMES...

You all amaze me with your ufailing ability to get things so WRONG!

The most appealing job is Anderson County's FETCH THE KICKING TEE COACH. The job is not open now because the dog who has the job is so depenable. However, I know some of you dawgs whould be excellent at fetching..

:roflol::popcorneater:

Yes their ufailing ability to get things wrong amazes me too. Lol!!!