Never too early, Coaching Vacancies

TennesseeValley

6 hours ago, WhereYouAt said:

Huge hire for North Side!!!

Third coach in 3 years.

those kids need sOme stability and Coach Northcutt could be the guy!

Can't say about stability, but Northcutt can coach...Northside's annual position in the district standings is about to improve. The Lady Indians are getting a classy guy too, I hope that they try to keep him in house rather than run him out through lack of support.

Edited by tradertwo

17 hours ago, OrangeGuru said:

They end up where they end up is true but having a face in front of them doesn't hurt any. Besides working hard and love of the game,  he knows the kids. He will be successful and his kids will also. 

No doubt. Just saying if the players end up at Dyersburg speaks even more of Strayhorn, IMO. Means they want to play for him. And another thing. You won’t have to worry about any kid not being in shape. He is a worker and is in the gym 24/7. 

Edited by pioneer42

16 hours ago, tradertwo said:

Can't say about stability, but Northcutt can coach...Northside's annual position in the district standings is about to improve. The Lady Indians are getting a classy guy too, I hope that they try to keep him in house rather than run him out through lack of support.

Northcutt is a really good coach. The move to NS is a surprise. As long as South Side is taking the top Jackson kids it will be an uphill battle for NS. 

16 hours ago, tradertwo said:

Northcutt is a great guy, veteran coach who knows his stuff, but he's got his hands full with a North Side Girls team that hasn't seen a winning season in about 10 years. The culture is not there nor is the talent. He will go from finishing 8th in 14 AA to probably finishing 3rd in a 4 team district. (Beating Liberty Tech) They won't beat South Side or South Gibson.

16 hours ago, pioneer42 said:

No doubt. Just saying if the players end up at Dyersburg speaks even more of Strayhorn, IMO. Means they want to play for him. And another thing. You won’t have to worry about any kid not being in shape. He is a worker and is in the gym 24/7. 

Yes Strayhorn is a worker and his players will be in shape. U don’t think he will pull much from the high school ranks right away, however. Those girls who played at the high school level will have to sit out a year from the day they last played and I just don’t think some will want to sit out a year. IMO

18 minutes ago, ballmom21 said:

Yes Strayhorn is a worker and his players will be in shape. U don’t think he will pull much from the high school ranks right away, however. Those girls who played at the high school level will have to sit out a year from the day they last played and I just don’t think some will want to sit out a year. IMO

Don’t know how many will leave. Not like they would be moving 30 miles down the road. Have to move residences or change guardians and move to House B if they have a HS record. 8th graders are good to go. 

26 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

Don’t know how many will leave. Not like they would be moving 30 miles down the road. Have to move residences or change guardians and move to House B if they have a HS record. 8th graders are good to go. 

Yes 8th graders are good to go. I do know a few girls who went to DC just because of Strayhorn. But we will see if he becomes coach. I do know he has some really good talent there he just needs to harness it and utilize his big girl. She will be a sophomore and can move for her size. She needs to work on her jumping but her basketball IQ is super high. I know she can learn a play in minutes and knows not only her position but all of her teammates as well. And there is a great ball handler who is coming up from 8th grade as well. Those two have played together for years. It will be fun to see what any coach can do if they utilize these two correctly.

29 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

IMO I dont think any will try to leave the high school ranks. The new DHS will not want that to happen and will prevent if at all possible. As for younger kids like has been said, he has had his face in front of them since they were in the youth leagues.

1 hour ago, OrangeGuru said:

IMO I dont think any will try to leave the high school ranks. The new DHS will not want that to happen and will prevent if at all possible. As for younger kids like has been said, he has had his face in front of them since they were in the youth leagues.

Strayhorn to Dyersburg!!! It’s official