Jump to content

Never too early....Who wins Class AA 2021-22


mas1821
 Share

Recommended Posts

57 minutes ago, HawkGuy06 said:

I just seen Summertown play tonight against Creekwood. They made a run at the end but CW was too much. I seen all AA teams I have

 Lorotto 

Gibson County 

westview 

Summertown

I agree that Loretto is number 1 because they are the reigning champs and they have some nice quality wins. Do think Gibson County’s team has hit another gear starting with the South Gibson game. Micah is really playing at a high level right now as well as the whole team especially defensively. They were nasty defensively against Greenfield as well as South Gibson. They have some shut down defenders that are locking in big time. Gibson County’s JV has played a ton the last 7 games. I am not saying they are the best because as you posted there are some other great teams like you posted, but Gibson County is on the right track. South Side is too. Creekwood if I am not mistaken is a possible sub-state game for South Side or even Maplewood.. How many girls did Creekwood lose from last years team?? Because they had some girls last year that could shoot it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

I agree that Loretto is number 1 because they are the reigning champs and they have some nice quality wins. Do think Gibson County’s team has hit another gear starting with the South Gibson game. Micah is really playing at a high level right now as well as the whole team especially defensively. They were nasty defensively against Greenfield as well as South Gibson. They have some shut down defenders that are locking in big time. Gibson County’s JV has played a ton the last 7 games. I am not saying they are the best because as you posted there are some other great teams like you posted, but Gibson County is on the right track. South Side is too. Creekwood if I am not mistaken is a possible sub-state game for South Side or even Maplewood.. How many girls did Creekwood lose from last years team?? Because they had some girls last year that could shoot it.

Yes I would agree y’all & lorotto will be matchup for the year. 1-5 y’all are about evenly matched as anybody in the state! I can’t pick a winner between y’all, it will be which team’s star sister wants it more. If the Weathers sisters  out plays the Madison sisters  then Lorotto wins. If Madison & Micah ball out I am going with Gibson County. It will be an exciting game! 
 

I can’t give my honest opinion about Creekwood because I only seen them 1 team. But I will say this they have a few shooters, but they are basically a 1 woman wrecking crew! Mrs Burgess is a baller! If South Side played them we would run them clean out the gym 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, HawkGuy06 said:

Yes I would agree y’all & lorotto will be matchup for the year. 1-5 y’all are about evenly matched as anybody in the state! I can’t pick a winner between y’all, it will be which team’s star sister wants it more. If the Weathers sisters  out plays the Madison sisters  then Lorotto wins. If Madison & Micah ball out I am going with Gibson County. It will be an exciting game! 
 

I can’t give my honest opinion about Creekwood because I only seen them 1 team. But I will say this they have a few shooters, but they are basically a 1 woman wrecking crew! Mrs Burgess is a baller! If South Side played them we would run them clean out the gym 

South Side is the best defensive team and quickest we will see all year. I think y’all will stroll without any resistance to sub-state. I have no idea about Maplewood and all that bunch so I can’t say but I am predicting y’all to make state. Did y’all make a run with Loretto in the second half?? They are a great team and is amazing how well they are reloading with great players. They have a great basketball program and looking at Loretto’s page on Facebook they have a great youth program. They are rolling right now. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

South Side is the best defensive team and quickest we will see all year. I think y’all will stroll without any resistance to sub-state. I have no idea about Maplewood and all that bunch so I can’t say but I am predicting y’all to make state. Did y’all make a run with Loretto in the second half?? They are a great team and is amazing how well they are reloading with great players. They have a great basketball program and looking at Loretto’s page on Facebook they have a great youth program. They are rolling right now. 

Yea they have a wonderful program. I will put it this way, our girls didn’t wake up until the 2nd half of the lorotto game. We are not a early morning team for whatever reason. Game was at 10am 
 

1st half we played horrible… 16 points! We scored 32 in the 2nd half. No excuses but Gatlinburg Pittman coach keep apologizing to our administration.   They had Lorotto, Tn as Lorotto, Al and didn’t know who they were. She was like if I had know it was lorotto Tn I would have put y’all in different brackets. It was a ok tournament, we won 3rd place by like 65 points & lorotto won the championship by like 40 something 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, HawkGuy06 said:

Yea they have a wonderful program. I will put it this way, our girls didn’t wake up until the 2nd half of the lorotto game. We are not a early morning team for whatever reason. Game was at 10am 
 

1st half we played horrible… 16 points! We scored 32 in the 2nd half. No excuses but Gatlinburg Pittman coach keep apologizing to our administration.   They had Lorotto, Tn as Lorotto, Al and didn’t know who they were. She was like if I had know it was lorotto Tn I would have put y’all in different brackets. It was a ok tournament, we won 3rd place by like 65 points & lorotto won the championship by like 40 something 

I have to correct you because you've had a typo so many times..  lol

It's Loretto, not Lorotto.  :-)

From an alumni & fan's perspective, we really enjoyed playing y'all!  Such aggressive D and lightning quick.  I hope y'all make it far come tourney time!

Edited by mas1821
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, mas1821 said:

I have to correct you because you've had a typo so many times..  lol

It's Loretto, not Lorotto.  :-)

From an alumni & fan's perspective, we really enjoyed playing y'all!  Such aggressive D and lightning quick.  I hope y'all make it far come tourney time!

I don’t know why my phone wanted to spell it like that! But I guess it’s better than loretto, Al! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, HawkGuy06 said:

I don’t know why my phone wanted to spell it like that! But I guess it’s better than loretto, Al! 

It DEFINITELY is.  Only good things about bama are 65N, 43N, and the Tennessee River!  LOL

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

Announcements




×
  • Create New...