open dates

fredjones

10 hours ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

@BarneySox2007

Tell me about this game Barney. 

Noonan was a fullback and hard to bring down. He was a junior in 74 and Dyersburg was a AAA team that went to the final four that year losing to Father Ryan. They played Maryville that year only because both teams were searching for an open week to fill or play nine games. Maryville was AA that year losing four games to Dyersburg, State Champion AA Loudon, McMinn Central AA semi final team and Goodlettsville another AA playoff team. Noonan was the heart of Dyersburg his last two years. They won 20-0 over Maryville in the opener.

Edited by BarneySox2007

42 minutes ago, BarneySox2007 said:

Noonan was a fullback and hard to bring down. He was a junior in 74 and Dyersburg was a AAA team that went to the final four that year losing to Father Ryan. They played Maryville that year only because both teams were searching for an open week to fill or play nine games. Maryville was AA that year losing four games to Dyersburg, State Champion AA Loudon, McMinn Central AA semi final team and Goodlettsville another AA playoff team. Noonan was the heart of Dyersburg his last two years. They won 20-0 over Maryville in the opener.

Where was the game played??

On 6/26/2021 at 5:42 PM, REBELRON said:

Alcoa has won 24 games vs Maryville. Maryville has cheated 67 times vs Alcoa.  64 wins and 3 ties. Add it all together and Alcoa is really 91-0 vs Maryville.

This has to be true because 91 is the number of points that Alcoa beat G-P by a few years back. And that guy from William Blount  is named 91. Woah! I just got a chill down my spine.

Numerology%20occultism%20numbers%20resiz

On 6/17/2021 at 9:13 AM, BarneySox2007 said:

It sure is, most of our crop is home grown unlike Alcoa and Oakland. If you took the large percentage of players those two team import out of Nashville and Knoxville they would be average at best. Maryville's transfer in's are the national average among all schools across the country.

I can't speak for Alcoa, but the transfers Oakland gets represents a very small percentage. Most of the high profile transfers have been from private schools. What your seeing is the result of Oakland emulating what is Maryville's greatest strength, which is their feeder system. Creasy inherited a great job where all the hard work was done by his predecessor and now had a feeder system that could go toe to toe with Maryville every year

GQ leaving hurt Maryville (obviously), but they've had some great assistants leave ( Gaylor& OL Coach whose name escapes me) that gives the coaching advantage to Oakland (ever so slightly). If Oakland doesn't win at Maryville this year, it's not ever going to happen, IMO

9 hours ago, MidTennFootball said:

I can't speak for Alcoa, but the transfers Oakland gets represents a very small percentage. Most of the high profile transfers have been from private schools. What your seeing is the result of Oakland emulating what is Maryville's greatest strength, which is their feeder system. Creasy inherited a great job where all the hard work was done by his predecessor and now had a feeder system that could go toe to toe with Maryville every year

GQ leaving hurt Maryville (obviously), but they've had some great assistants leave ( Gaylor& OL Coach whose name escapes me) that gives the coaching advantage to Oakland (ever so slightly). If Oakland doesn't win at Maryville this year, it's not ever going to happen, IMO

Great post. David Ellis was the best line coach in the state of Tennessee and you can tell the difference. Gaylor was also a great coach. I was always told when Gaylor and Ellis left you would see the difference. My personal opinion being here for half a century is that I feel GQ may have made the move because he was seeing the junior high go from 65 players to 30 overnight which would cause drastic effects at the high school in coming years. Derick Hunt is a good coach and I don't know anyone else I would rather have but after the Oakland loss last year and watching that team just totally quit I saw that 30 player junior high finally come into play. If I were head coach at the high school I would do everything in my power to put a new head coach in at the junior high and do some upgrades on my coaching staff. Maryville can always go 13-0 right up until the Oakland game with what they have but until those things are done that is what the future may hold.