GreenEville 4a @ Knoxville Central 5a 2021

Romansfive8

8 hours ago, blazer1set said:

Okay, Central does not want to win this one.    119 yards in penalties

I'm sick of watching kids running their mouths, standing over a kid after he's tackled him, finger pointing after you've beaten him on a play, and I could go on and on. Pro athletes have ruined the way today's kids play the game. I stopped watching pro football and basketball because of it. But they have their money, they don't care what kind of example they set. I was glad to see the Greeneville coach correcting the kid  on the sideline after the TD. Too bad we don't see more of it. 

To me high school football should be and (was) the game in it's truest form. The 3 games I watched this week were great games, very very good teams, just too many (most of them justified) penalties.

I know times change, society changes, but there are times when change is not good. There will be people that say I'm old school, and I am, but I was raised to respect the person I was playing against. Hit him as hard as you can with a tackle, but respect him. You play the game with your body, not your mouth!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, dawgs82 said:

I'm sick of watching kids running their mouths, standing over a kid after he's tackled him, finger pointing after you've beaten him on a play, and I could go on and on. Pro athletes have ruined the way today's kids play the game. I stopped watching pro football and basketball because of it. But they have their money, they don't care what kind of example they set. I was glad to see the Greeneville coach correcting the kid  on the sideline after the TD. Too bad we don't see more of it. 

To me high school football should be and (was) the game in it's truest form. The 3 games I watched this week were great games, very very good teams, just too many (most of them justified) penalties.

I know times change, society changes, but there are times when change is not good. There will be people that say I'm old school, and I am, but I was raised to respect the person I was playing against. Hit him as hard as you can with a tackle, but respect him. You play the game with your body, not your mouth!

1000% agree, Dawg. Best moment of the game, imo, was seeing Spradlin lay into that WR after his taunt during that long TD pass/catch. There was a time when a kid would be benched for the entire game for that crap. When was the last time you saw a coach do that?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, osunut2 said:

1000% agree, Dawg. Best moment of the game, imo, was seeing Spradlin lay into that WR after his taunt during that long TD pass/catch. There was a time when a kid would be benched for the entire game for that crap. When was the last time you saw a coach do that?

Rosser would do it!!!

46 minutes ago, dawgs82 said:

They learn that at home from running over grandma who is raising half a dozen kids under her roof from her kids broken marriages and one night stands. This is how you tell the difference between Class and Trash. Teams that put up with that garbage are high on most other fan bases hate list.

1 hour ago, osunut2 said:

Yep, that's good coaching,the young man made a poor decision and the coach was explaining that he had just hurt the team.I think that was the second pass by the young QB and a beautiful play just ruined by being excited.I know as a few have wrote that different pro games and today's culture have been a bad influence on young men.The saying I always used to my kids was,act like you have been there before. Now,to me there was a much more serious play during the game that could have ended a young man's football career or worse.That crackback hit was one that I would have tossed a kid from the game much quicker then the  little punch that got the young man ejected.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, BatmanDevil said:

Yep, that's good coaching,the young man made a poor decision and the coach was explaining that he had just hurt the team.I think that was the second pass by the young QB and a beautiful play just ruined by being excited.I know as a few have wrote that different pro games and today's culture have been a bad influence on young men.The saying I always used to my kids was,act like you have been there before. Now,to me there was a much more serious play during the game that could have ended a young man's football career or worse.That crackback hit was one that I would have tossed a kid from the game much quicker then the  little punch that got the young man ejected.

Agree, but I didn't feel it was a punch, I thought he was trying to break the players hand away from his mask, not actually swinging at the player. Could be wrong.

1 minute ago, dawgs82 said:

Agree, but I didn't feel it was a punch, I thought he was trying to break the players hand away from his mask, not actually swinging at the player. Could be wrong.

Barb and I debated this last night. It definitely wasn't a punch. Saw the replay 2 or 3 times. The Greeneville OL had the facemask of the Central DL. I do think the Central player attempted to get the Greeneville player disengaged after the whistle, but that was not worthy of an ejection. I don't have a problem with the initial flag (personal foul), and I know the officials have a tough job to do, but I'll always argue that something better be pretty blatant if you're going to toss a kid.

I do agree that the crackback block looked really bad, especially live. I hate seeing kids get blindsided like that. I also hate seeing guys get intentionally chop blocked.

The kid that throwed up the Peace sign is a Great Young Man. I have known him all his Life. He Made a mistake in the moment he not only got a good talking to from coach spradlin but he will also get it from his parents. He has great parent's that have raised him right. When you talk to Jaden he is very shy and humble and he is yes sir no sir type kid. Trust me it will get corrected quickly. He just got to excited in the moment

Edited by Greendevil87

11 minutes ago, Greendevil87 said:

The kid that throwed up the Peace sign is a Great Young Man. I have known him all his Life. He Made a mistake in the moment he not only got a good talking to from coach spradlin but he will also get it from his parents. He has great parent's that have raised him right. When you talk to Jaden he is very shy and humble and he is yes sir no sir type kid. Trust me it will get corrected quickly. He just got to excited in the moment

Yep, pretty much what BVD said about the young man. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, dawgs82 said:

Absolutely agree with you, my old friend.  

Much of it traces back to the beginnings of social media.  Trash talking without any accountability on the interwebz has spilled over on to the playing fields.  

And the coaches who allow it aren't doing their kids any favors.  And, yeah, I hear many say that they deal with it in private, but it is still happening and happening with the same kids over and over.  The only thing that will limit it is correcting it as it happens and sitting kids.  But coaches have to much pressure to win games, so they aren't going to sit those kids and the kids know that so there are no real penalties and they keep doing it.  

Like you say, different day.  But different isn't always better.  

Edited by HTV