Westview travel to The Golden Tide

PeabodyPride

1 minute ago, ManOfMillions said:

Game was closer than I predicted. Congrats to the Tide! Win streak continues! 

WV looks like the are going to have something for everyone in 2A this year. 

They should. It’s going to be very interesting to see Peabody and Fayetteville run into each other. That should and most likely decide who does take home the gold this year. 

21 minutes ago, PeabodyPride said:

Westview is a good team peabody is a great team that almost found a way to lose from really really stupid plays ! Letting the ball roll to the one and the safety totally brought Westview back in that game in a game with as much time really was over kudos to Westview for seizing the opportunity and almost pulling out that w

Good game! I can’t even be upset with Westview man they fought and hung in there thats all I asked for. We move on to Gibson county next week

46 minutes ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

So I want to come on here and eat my crow. That was an amazing game. Westview much respect for the way you played. Much improved team over last year. Should have never doubted you and you proved me wrong. Best of luck the rest of the way. Peabody did what champions do. Much respect to the tide. 

Much respect to you! Great game for the tide! I always believe iron sharpens iron! But I can tell a difference with WV with that coach back! Even though we lost I am impressed with how we played being down them two touchdowns in the third quarter!

Trenton is a very good team. West view gave them all they wanted tonight. I was impressed with WV’s offensive line and defense….both areas everyone said Trenton would dominate and I don’t think that happened tonight. I wouldn’t be surprised if this wasn’t the toughest opponent both teams will face all year.  

Even though I was hoping he would miss, it put a smile on my face to hear y’all’s announcer yelling “that’s my boy!” When his son hit the game winning field goal. Proud dad moment right there. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, WarEagleCartman said:

Told y'all Westview is the real deal. 

Westview is good you never heard me say otherwise. I will say the score shouldn’t have been that close. Peabody made some boneheaded mistakes. The refs sucked yet again. I’m guessing there is a shortage of refs 

23 minutes ago, SportsnetWriter2 said:

They should. It’s going to be very interesting to see Peabody and Fayetteville run into each other. That should and most likely decide who does take home the gold this year. 

You are thinking way to far ahead. Mckenzie could very well end up playing Fayetteville and beat them 

12 minutes ago, WarEagleCartman said:

Told y'all Westview is the real deal. 

I knew when we scheduled this game it could go either way. I believe Huntingdon in that region will be their toughest test.

If that defense is opportunistic then they win the close games, if the defense comes out shuts everything down then it’s over by halftime 

Really good game by Peabody! The Tide are one of the best teams in our state at finishing! But also good game by Westview! I don't see the Chargers losing a game throughout the rest of the regular season. West Tennessee has a good chance to get a team to Chattanooga in 1-4A's. Really makes the season interesting and fun to cover.

5 minutes ago, TryNotToSuck said:

Really good game by Peabody! The Tide are one of the best teams in our state at finishing! But also good game by Westview! I don't see the Chargers losing a game throughout the rest of the regular season. West Tennessee has a good chance to get a team to Chattanooga in 1-4A's. Really makes the season interesting and fun to cover.

Great post ! One thing we “Pride” ourselves on is next man up and when we mess up dig in and do what it takes to win the next play ! We can all be honest and say we didn’t play our best game and gutted out a win !