Tha mightee Panthurs come two 825

STARSNBARS

20 hours ago, StarBright87 said:

We all know and we all get it Maryville, Alcoa and Oakland are on a different level. We all know lord willing the semifinals at Maryville is the state championship game, the loser of that game would win state. Oakland as of late have become juggernauts but they still have to keep adding to their resume, as for Maryville and Alcoa they don't have to win another game their legacy and reputation is set in stone, what both program has done the last 20 so years will never be matched in Tn again.

Is Maryville a better team than Ac no doubt, Maryville is overall better defensively, coaching and special teams but just strictly on offense Ac is better than Maryville or equal. We all know Ac doesn't preach any defense that's why they don't have any state championships as of late. I don't see Maryville offense doing more damage to Powell defense than Ac.

Maryville will stay away from running to #99 side, he's going to get double and triple team, maryville will get rid of the ball quick and Powell needs to watch out for the screen pass. Powell needs to press the receivers at the line of scrimmage to give #99 time to do his damage, for Powell to win it needs to be a 31-30. I will admit it's going to be a tough task to go in an upset the rebels at home but with a team like Powell it's not impossible 

All respect to Coach Gillum and AC, but the statement that "we all know that AC is better or equal" to Maryville offensively is a statement made on emotion and not based in reality.  Maryville is very talented offensively.  Lots of college prospects on that side of the football. 

• Like 1

This should be a great game this coming thursday. Maryville looks good on offense. Powell is really good. Walter Nolan looks real good but what really scares me about Powell is their Quarterback and receivers. I guarantee you there aren't many teams with better skill players then what Powell has. 

• Like 1

I've got to give a nod to Maryvllle's defense holding Powell to a number that their offense can outscore them. I think turnovers will be big and if so, Maryville usually doesn't make many and always seems to capitalize on a few that tips the balance of the game. It may be close, it may be a firefight, but I take Maryville by 10.

3 hours ago, HTV said:

All respect to Coach Gillum and AC, but the statement that "we all know that AC is better or equal" to Maryville offensively is a statement made on emotion and not based in reality.  Maryville is very talented offensively.  Lots of college prospects on that side of the football. 

Yeah I agree, nobody is going to compare Ac to maryville as a whole that would be crazy but some were down on Powell for giving up 41 Ac offensively probably top 5 or 10 in the state, now Ac isn't a top 10 team even though they're no slouch, Ac would have put 17-20 on Maryville but Maryville would have hung 69 on them so it would have been a blowout 

Powell is going to realize quick this Friday night that they are glad to be away from that Rebel region … that they once were apart of and never could compete with them. Hate to break it to the Panthers, but, they do not know what is coming when walking onto Shields Stadium Turf. Wish both teams luck and safety for all players and coaches. 

Rebels 38 - 14 Powell 

21 hours ago, TornadoLeadRecruiter said:

I’m believe you have never been to a Murval game or just don’t quiet understand the level of the Rebs (1 of to 5 teams in the state every yr) if you think AC offense is on the level the Rebs are. 

Maryville is top 3 in the state, in no particular order Maryville, Alcoa and Oakland are your top 3, I don't count the private schools, I just think this is going to be closer than most expect because Powell defense just got gashed for 41. Powell has the talent and offensive firepower to make it very interesting for 4 quarters and none of us has to believe they can pull this off but I bet the Powell kids believe that's all that matters

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, StarBright87 said:

Yeah I agree, nobody is going to compare Ac to maryville as a whole that would be crazy but some were down on Powell for giving up 41 Ac offensively probably top 5 or 10 in the state, now Ac isn't a top 10 team even though they're no slouch, Ac would have put 17-20 on Maryville but Maryville would have hung 69 on them so it would have been a blowout 

Just a quick fact for ya, AC  had two OL down for the Powell game, and gave the start to two sophomore OL who played their first High School Friday night snaps against 5Star.  Bigtime start for both these young men, hats off again to Powell for the 4th quarter win, but I have a feeling that Maryville has all their upperclass OL ready to go Friday.  Lets go to week 2 in high school football.  I CANT wait.

On 8/21/2021 at 1:20 PM, JAG37849 said:

Going to be a good one I think. Powell will have to keep mistakes to a minimum (always a problem for Lowe teams) and get off the field on defense. If they don’t create a couple of turnovers, I don’t think they’ll be able to come up with enough stops to win the game. I’d say close for a while with Maryville pulling away. I think the final will be 17-21 point Maryville win. 

I don’t think Powell can score 60 points against Maryville. I don’t think Maryville will shut Powell out. I’m not sure Powell is ready to compete against Maryville. I think Maryville wins by two touchdowns and a field goal

48 minutes ago, olhickory said:

Just a quick fact for ya, AC  had two OL down for the Powell game, and gave the start to two sophomore OL who played their first High School Friday night snaps against 5Star.  Bigtime start for both these young men, hats off again to Powell for the 4th quarter win, but I have a feeling that Maryville has all their upperclass OL ready to go Friday.  Lets go to week 2 in high school football.  I CANT wait.

Same here I can't wait, should be a good game