WEEK 3 - Oak Ridge @ Clinton

CardinalGrey

Just now, KnoxPhoto said:

Call me crazy, but I feel like Clinton is gonna take this one. Weird. Lol

In a normal year, yep, I would call ya crazy! This year?? I have no idea where this OR team is currently… besides 0-2. Still hard for me to pick Clinton with that cupcake schedule they have played so far.

2 minutes ago, SweetScience said:

Things might start getting really uneasy in the Ridge if we get roughed up by the Dragons. It’s a very real possibility too. This team has looked completely dead in the water the first 2 weeks. If you can’t run the football in High School, you got a long road ahead of ya, that’s for sure.

I hate to say it but you are right. I really hate to say this because it calls out a player...Jackson. What is wrong with him? No OL blocking? Injuries? The kid looks like a real stud and OR has had a bunch of stud RBs. He appears to be running very hard but needs to be more productive. He is going on my Prayer list tonight.

RWR!

2 hours ago, SweetScience said:

The blocking is very subpar is the main and quite glaring reason. Jackson runs hard and is tough when he gets room to run the ball, but him or any of the backs getting room to run the ball has been minimal at best so far. Honestly, I just don’t see him being a top flight D1 prospect. And that’s just me being point blank honest with you. Time will tell of course, but I just don’t see it. And he seems to get banged up quite easily too. It certainly doesn’t help with the line he’s running behind either. The Incredible Hulk would take a pounding for that matter. A really great kid from what I hear, and a darn good HS RB, but I just haven’t seen what I would call SEC level type talent from him. He’s going to be getting hit 100x harder up there, so you have to take that into account with how injury prone he seems to be. Personally I’ll be surprised if he ends up being an SEC talent, but I most certainly hope he proves me wrong. Won’t be the first time I’ve been proven wrong, and not the last.

SS, my son played center on the Powell teams that had the Bruhns, Smith, MaGaha and others over 6'5" and 270+. The Knox News Sentinel said their O-line was bigger than UT's that year. They struggled blocking smaller, quicker teams. He was at your game last night and made the comment to me that they (OR O-line) reminded him of their teams. Size isn't always good! But there are ways of compensating for quickness. Don't give up on this group yet!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1