Trenton Peabody @ Dyersburg

GrumpyBulldog

Why in the world has the conversation strayed. Trenton cancels Dyersburg after they already have the win over LC weeks in advance. On Tuesday the opportunity to play became available for both teams, who were preparing for other opponents, to play.  One team will not play One team will. Bam!  Those are the facts Jack’s!  All the rest is useless noise. Spin it however you like politicians 

Edited by Dadofmandingo
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Trojan said:

I can assure you this guy knows the true story. Peabody refused to play. I have the upmost respect for Peabody but you can put a * by the winning streak.

Complete asinign statement ! Would you play Oakland on 2 days practice ? Of course you wouldn’t mind playing a 1 A school with massive numbers over us !  You have more subs bigger roster ! We have opened with a tough schedule and are banged up ! GL on y’all’s season and bring Gold West ! I’m done ! 

4 minutes ago, PeabodyPride said:

Complete asinign statement ! Would you play Oakland on 2 days practice ? Of course you wouldn’t mind playing a 1 A school with massive numbers over us !  You have more subs bigger roster ! We have opened with a tough schedule and are banged up ! GL on y’all’s season and bring Gold West ! I’m done ! 

If we had a contract with Oakland guess what.....we would play Oakland. Nobody in Trenton had a problem with the classification difference when that contract was signed. 

Go do your homework. Dyersburg has a little over 50 on the roster and probably lost a great D player to injury Friday. Bet the numbers are close. Here’s what will tell the tale. Both teams will probably have another covid game down the line on the same week. We will see if they give the kids their game back. Don’t hold your breath

1 hour ago, PeabodyPride said:

You’re a special kind of stupid aren’t you? Do you want one a Peabody to play three teams in a row twice to three times their size with a limited roster smaller amount of starters? More like would you just like to guarantee dyersburg to win on no practice?

Neither Milan nor Westview have even twice the student body of Trenton so what are you talking about?

Just a couple of thoughts from an outsider.

1 some Peabody fans have said that they don't want to play Dyersburg Friday because they don't have time to prepare for the game. Did you guys not practice Monday and Tuesday? Do you realize that Dyersburg would be in the same situation so it all balances out?

2 does Peabody have a bunch of players that are not going to be able to play because of injury or are at less than 100% because of a nagging injury? Every team has nagging injuries. I've watched both Peabody videos and I haven't seen anybody suffering injury that was serious or season ending.

3  I strongly feel that Peabody would be the favorite in a ball game against Dyersburg. I think your coaching staff alone is worth 10 points a ball game.

4 this game would make for a standing room only crowd. It would be a license to print and it could very well be the game of the week in the entire state.

5 canceling the game between Peabody and Dyersburg cheats the players from both teams from memories that could potentially last a lifetime if the game were to live up to its billing.

6 there are high school teams all over the state that have a murderer's row schedule at some point this season. What better way for Peabody to show on the field that they are one of the state's elite than by taking on Dyersburg with short notice and going out and winning the game like I think they would. I would be willing to bet if you polled the members of the Peabody team, they would be ready willing and able to play Dyersburg.

This rambling has been just one outsiders opinion who would like to see a great ball game between two teams who need an opponent. I think it will be an even matchup.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, ReitzFan said:

Just a couple of thoughts from an outsider.

1 some Peabody fans have said that they don't want to play Dyersburg Friday because they don't have time to prepare for the game. Did you guys not practice Monday and Tuesday? Do you realize that Dyersburg would be in the same situation so it all balances out?

2 does Peabody have a bunch of players that are not going to be able to play because of injury or are at less than 100% because of a nagging injury? Every team has nagging injuries. I've watched both Peabody videos and I haven't seen anybody suffering injury that was serious or season ending.

3  I strongly feel that Peabody would be the favorite in a ball game against Dyersburg. I think your coaching staff alone is worth 10 points a ball game.

4 this game would make for a standing room only crowd. It would be a license to print and it could very well be the game of the week in the entire state.

5 canceling the game between Peabody and Dyersburg cheats the players from both teams from memories that could potentially last a lifetime if the game were to live up to its billing.

6 there are high school teams all over the state that have a murderer's row schedule at some point this season. What better way for Peabody to show on the field that they are one of the state's elite than by taking on Dyersburg with short notice and going out and winning the game like I think they would. I would be willing to bet if you polled the members of the Peabody team, they would be ready willing and able to play Dyersburg.

This rambling has been just one outsiders opinion who would like to see a great ball game between two teams who need an opponent. I think it will be an even matchup.

100% agree. Coaching staff comment and all. Peabody could win this game. Robbing everyone in west Tn from seeing a classic.

• Like 1